View Single Post
Old 20-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 574 / Power: 20
_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all_AXL_ is a name known to all
Re: Tottenham Hotspur - the Pride of London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castrol
hahaha... alex aint getting much leeway is he? but he has my respect all the while actually. he's the kind of manager who sticks by his players, like last time andy cole joined man utd for 7m or something and couldnt score for many games, alex kept his faith and kept playing andy till he resumed his scoring touch.

but its screwed up when spurs has to release a wonderful player like carrick. spurs got 18m for him and we still get murphy and tainio for sunday matches.
i have all the respect for alex as well. as u can see, manure players dont do well when they transfer out. dont see their players as very special ones, well except for rooney but still very much lacking in temperament and keane (hey, also very much lacking in temperament!) the rest, i feel, is ferguson's system that makes them look good. i think u can see that manure plays to a certain system, triangle wall passing to be precise. been waiting for his retirement so that manure can sink back to mediocrity.

cole went for 7m pounds and plus keith gillespie valued at 1m pounds. but i feel he is a decent enough player although he got a lot of stick then for not scoring enough goals for the kind of service he was getting then.

i feel that although carrick went to manure, 18.6mil pounds is a good deal for spurs. 18mil pounds can buy quite a few good players. maybe can contest with manure for owen hargreaves!!! hahahaha