Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 172 / Power: 21
qbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samsterqbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Silvestre admits Spain fancy

Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre has revealed that he would like to play in La Liga at some stage of his career.

The Frenchman has been used sparingly this term by Sir Alex Ferguson after losing his place to Nemanja Vidic.

Although the 29-year-old is happy at Old Trafford, he could emerge as a target for other clubs next year - but has no intention of returning to France.

When quizzed on whether he would ever consider leaving United, he told Foot Interviews: "Sure, why not? What's certain is that, for the moment, I am excluding any possibility of a return to France - even if you should never say never.

"It's not because I don't love my country, but simply because I know the league too well.

"Personally, I would like to discover a new style of play.

"I've done Italy in the colours of Inter, England in the jersey of the Red Devils. All that's left for me is Spain."

Silvestre has paid tribute to Louis Saha, Sunday's goalscorer against Chelsea, for helping compensate for the loss of Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The prolific Dutchman was off-loaded to Real Madrid after a fall-out with Ferguson but Saha has stepped into the breach effectively.

"Fortunately, we have 'Little Louis'," he replied when asked about Van Nistelrooy's departure. "At the end of last season, he already succeeded in relegating Ruud to the bench.

"This season, he has confirmed [this decision]. He brings us an enormous amount - starting with goals."

The Red Devils stopper also had words of criticism for West Ham's Lee Bowyer, whom he describes as his worst opponent.

"The worst? That's Lee Bowyer," he stated.

"He, on the pitch, is really a poor type. He gives you cheap shots from behind.

"He really has a dirty mentality. That's typically the type of player I hate."