View Single Post
Old 15-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3872 / Power: 14
skyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2 young lives lost

Joo Koon MRT train incident: Passengers thrown to the floor, evacuated from driver's cabin, says witness

Twenty-three passengers and two SMRT staff suffered light to moderate injuries in the incident.

PUBLISHED 2 HOURS AGO

Adrian Lim Transport Correspondent

SINGAPORE - Mr Alexandru Robu, 35, was on the westbound train on the East-West Line, when it came to a sudden halt just before Joo Koon MRT station, causing passengers to lose their balance and fall.

"I've experienced sudden stops before on the MRT, but this time it was really bad," the service coordinator told The Straits Times.

Mr Robu, who works in a marine equipment firm, was on the SMRT train which hit a stationary train at Joo Koon at around 8am on Wednesday (Nov 15). According to rail operator SMRT, the train Mr Robu was on stopped behind the first train, but moved forward unexpectedly and came into contact with it.

A total of 23 passengers and two SMRT staff sustained light to moderate injuries and were taken conscious to the National University Hospital and Ng Teng Fong General Hospital.

Mr Robu said about 70 per cent of the commuters in his train, including himself, were thrown to the floor by the sudden halt. He said he was unhurt.

He said that one man, who looked to be in his 30s, was still lying on the cabin floor, when most other passengers got up after a few minutes.

"I went up to him and apparently he had hit his head and had a back injury. So I held his hand and talked to him," said Mr Robu, adding that he also asked SMRT staff to call for an ambulance.

Mr Robu said his train remained where it was for 20 minutes. Commuters asked SMRT staff to open the doors of the first train carriage, so they could get onto the platform. But they were told it was not possible, as all the doors would have to be opened, he added.

SMRT staff later decided to evacuate the passengers from the driver's cabin, one at a time.

continue reading here : http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...d-from-drivers

Will Mr Khaw set up a COI to investigate this incident or not ? This time your commuters got injured .

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

rocket_boy is now Zapzaplah aka zaplamparlarzap

warboi

Craz78

Blacklist bros who I up but never return

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888