Thread: phuket
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2018, 10:34 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 392 / Power: 20
knowntender is a living Saint! - you won't find betterknowntender is a living Saint! - you won't find betterknowntender is a living Saint! - you won't find betterknowntender is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: phuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakei View Post
Phuket 30th Night - 3rd Morning. Effectively 3N2D. I am only going to focus on specific differences or details. If its not addressed, see previous thread for details.

Bangla Street
Friday - Very Happening. A lot of people and activities going down. Most clubs were full. Jason Derulo was in Illuzion.
Saturday - Dead af. Let's say it was 10% of Friday
Sunday - 50% of Friday

Bar fine - Scaled. 1500baht before 1am and 1000Baht after. Most of the girls were interested in only ST. And lets say their rate is 1500-2000, it then brings the total to 3000 and above. Since the ones I was interested in were only interested in ST, i skipped them.

My luck was through Wechat the first night. 2nd night I met someone at Tiger Club. Same person for 3rd night.

Recommendation is if you're striking out at the bars, go to the clubs. Tiger, Holliwood etc. Illuzion is too messy and tbh I can't tell who is a pro and who is out to have fun. Any pointers from the seniors will be appreciated. The chinese have indeed spoilt some of the market. Some of the prettier girls think they're worth 10k. My friend from the US and myself almost spat our drinks out. Even in eastern europe you don't get that madness.

Food: I have travelled quite a bit and I think I know good thai food. House69 is good. Don't go there at peak period its super crowded. They have another restaurant at the same price up the hill which they provide free rides to. Go there instead. If you go into a restaurant and see indians or arabs running a thai resturant, expect the food not to be great. I went to one of those places opposite Banzaan Market. Would you expect a great pizza from a thai dude? Same thing. House69 is on the main road opposite Taipan.

Anyone has recommendations for food, please share as there is way too much rubbish to sift from.

In every Phuket trip, I have a meal in PS restaurant, which is very close to the end of soi Bangla and steps from Tai Pan disco. Above average in the quality with good mix of Thai and Western dishes. It is rather crowded due to excellent location and decent reputation.

For view and relaxation, Kae Eng overlooking Chalong Bay is my favorite. This place is very big, very spacious and far from Patong. Food is just average relative the upper-middle price scale.

Not sure where to get cheap food in Phuket except Phuket Town, and taxi alone is 1K + Baht to get there.

Have been to both of the House69, formerly named No. 6 restaurant. Agree with you the one up the hill is preferred.