View Single Post
Old 18-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3872 / Power: 13
skyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2 young lives lost

Passengers involved in Joo Koon MRT collision asked to sign non-disclosure contract before medical fees can be reimbursed

Published on 2018-03-17 by The Online Citizen

Below is a letter written by one of the commuters involved in the collision at Joo Koon MRT station on 15 Nov 2017, which describes his experience of claiming reimbursement from SMRT

Firstly, I am not writing this to shame SMRT. And overall, I got a resolution. But it certainly could have gone a lot better though.

I was one of the passengers of the front cabin of the train in the Joo Koon MRT collision on November 15th 2017. During that incident, I fell on my backside. I walked out of the station, feeling lucky that I only got a bump on my backside, without any other injury. However, later that afternoon, my left arm felt completely devoid of strength, and my left ankle started to hurt. The following day, I went to see a clinic doctor. I then proceeded to emailed the smrt staff with my medical bills for claims.

It took them one and a half months for them to contact me again. The SMRT staff told me the claim is approved. However, they will need me to sign a "discharge voucher" before the amount of $31.70 can be reinbursed.

A few days later, they mailed the "discharge voucher" to me. When I read the "discharge voucher", I got a rude shock. They mailed me a bloody contract and expected me to sign it.

This contract demanded 3 terms:
1) The payment is final, no further amounts can be claimed.
2) No further responsibility can be held on the SMRT.
3) Terms of the agreement are to be kept entirely confidential.

Angrily, I told the staff, there was no way in hell that I would sign such a contract. I told them in no uncertain terms, that even if I was agreeable to the first 2 conditions, there was no way that I would sign away my rights to disclosure.

This whole back-and-forth went on for more than 1 week, with the staff transferring the case to her manager, whom I have had to explain all over, that I will under no circumstances surrender my rights to disclose anything that I want to disclose. The manager explained to me that this was simply their company policy, and every claimant had to go through the same things. I told her promptly, her company policies are none of my concern, and they are the ones who caused the problem in the first place. The compensation should have been UNCONDITIONAL.

continue reading here : https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...be-reimbursed/

I wonder why must have conditions to release even medical costs incurred through no fault of the commuters' fault ? Please do no sign such conditions . If this is the case commuters can complain to CASE and SUE SMRT . Why must include nondisclosure agreement ? What is SMRT & LTA trying to hide ?

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

rocket_boy is now Zapzaplah aka zaplamparlarzap

warboi

Craz78

Blacklist bros who I up but never return

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888