View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1407 / Power: 0
Cheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud of
Re: Arsenal FC @ Emirates All Gunner fans fall in

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamcutey
Versatility — that quality again — is the Brazilian’s key attribute. He is young, scores goals, plays defensive or attacking midfield and even second striker, and his nickname (The Beast) indicates why he was originally identified as Patrick Vieira’s successor.

He was called The Beast because of his strength and physique even before he arrived in Spain, but there the sobriquet was embraced and Baptista became La Bestia. When assessed at the Copa America two years ago, he was so strapping, Brazil’s doctors warned him his muscle tissue was growing too quickly. “I’ve never been one of those guys that are in the gym all day to try to beef myself up. Although I must say there are not a lot of players about with such a strong and powerful physique as mine,” Baptista said. [/I]
Sounds like he will be a good addition to our squad.

I thought at one stage last season, Wenger wanted to sign Robinho who later joined Real Madrid. He is tooted as the new "Pele". In fact he looks like Pele when Pele was a teenager. Dark, small built but blessed with fantastic skills.