Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 25 / Power: 0
happyable deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Trip To BKK Thermae Bar Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Milk Man View Post
I have been there a few times. In fact I prefer to go there instead of Thermae as I find Thermae to be commercialized and corrupted by too many weekend millionaire carrotheads. It was by accident that I discovered this mini thermae in Rhamkhamhaeng as I was attending a soccer match at the National stadium and looking for a place to eat after the match. I was guided to the cafe by some supporters and while eating there that I realized this was the often discussed mini thermae mentioned by bros in SBF.

Firstly it is not a proper cafe... more like a school canteen with a drinks/snacks kiosk and tables/benches set up in a u-shape. Food is sold by hawkers who carry baskets or pushcarts so there's always different varieties depending on which hawker turns up. The place is seasonal as it is mainly patronized by students from the nearby Rhamkhamheang University or people coming to use the stadium. And it is packed during soccer matches so dun expect any FLs to turn up that day.

Daytime it looks like any normal makan place but come nightfall usually after dinner time..... the students from the Uni will hangout there. Although they give the impression they are studying or socializing.... actually many of them are looking to earn some extra cash. Just look around and smile or approach any puying that suit you and negotiate with her. Preferably if you can speak Thai as many of them are newbies and not so conversant in mandarin or english. Remember to check ID as some could be underage students.

They rarely follow you back to your hotel unless it is nearby and they will bring you to a ST room across the bridge in a side street. Some of them have rooms there otherwise you pay 100-200b for the room. Finally do not spoil the market as ST rate here is only 1000b. Some stunners may try their luck for more but never above 1500b. If you have money to throw.... this place is not for you please go to Thermae and be a carrothead there.
Hi, any bros tried this yet? i am going this month end specially for this