View Single Post
Old 16-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 233 / Power: 9
PrincessPris is a Helpful and Caring SamsterPrincessPris is a Helpful and Caring SamsterPrincessPris is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Help with Depression and Self Esteem issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddy_tub View Post
I am currently going thru a bad patch and had to seek medical help after I started to show signs of cracking up during 1 weekend: crying, negative thots, unable to sleep, lost of appetite, moody, panic attack, sensitive to strong smell and sudden change in temp, etc.

Saw the doctor at 9 in the morning and I was fortunate that the same clinic has an inhouse psychiatrist available that morning at 11am. Was immediate given 1/2 tablet of Laxopro and another pill to help calm me down. Was then asked to take a week's break.

I did not continue with the medication prescribed to me, but chose to 'handle the situation' on my own: talk to friends, exercise, relax, psych myself about my problem ....

Saw the psychiatrist after a week and he was quite surprised I did not take the medication. He suggested a follow up after 2 weeks. But I pushed it to a month.

I am now cold turkey without the medication for about 3 weeks. I am still struggling but much better. Still get ups & downs.

Should I have stuck with the medications prescribed? I am concerned that I would be addicted to it. The psychiatrist visit and medication is also very costly.
Sammyboy took the words right out of my mouth. That was exactly how it works. At least for me, it was and still is.