View Single Post
Old 29-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

...back to the previous page

After the spa,we were all headed back to our respective hotels to rest up and wait for our girl/s. Here's the funny part,the driver were suppose to send the girls to room XXL,but end up sending to my ex.usual room of XXX. And XXX has another of my friend staying in it...hehehe...almost immediately,he (friend from room XXX) send me an sms telling me something like,"I think your driver send me your girls to the wrong room"...i was laughing all the way. Such unreliable driver,hehehe....the unreliable driver werent the only one heading to the wrong room tho. Other friends staying in the same hotel too,but lucky my friend from room XXX wasnt inside room when they go pressing his doorbell.

Anyway,the girls arrived. Got to know most girls in joints were returning on Ramandan,blah blah blah...have some TCSS,break some ice and later go back to our respective rooms for OTOT. We do planned dinner beforehand tho.

By the time we meet up for dinner,all of us would already have a shot and we arent suppose to bring our girls together for dinner but 2 of the boys choose to bring them along anyway. So that means we cannot go far. And we head to the new Zhi Char Store beside Grand Nagoya 68 hotel called..New Siang Malam Sea food.

Honestly,i didnt take photo of the food,makes me feel like those selfie craze who spend too much time taking photographs and i only manage catch a few shots of what they have to offer in their menu...

Anyway,we have a total of 7 person in this meal including some girls,and the bills turn out to be....hehehe...400k rupiah.Their Menu got write price there,so not so much scare that they will carrot chop too.

Kind of lost count of the number of dishes we ordered and ate as there are 2 round tables of food...but good thing is,there was minimum leftovers (less wastage). Shall RTE (return to eat) in my future trips until it turns bad again...why do i say this,it is becos when too many people go there to eat,business will become good for them...and when business is good,some eateries cannot maintain its consistency on its produce and/or its service level. And worse if the boss knows business going good and increase price...seems like its the Batam culture for new places nowaday.

Do note too that most of us eating were non-sea food person. So this meal has only some prawns and no crabs. But has fried squids and sotong i think. Simple food for the simple man,who eat to live. Good tasting enough for me (no pork tho) I remember i asked myself this question before,if i think (or feel) a certain place around Nagoya area is expensive,am i able to find myself a cheaper alternative/s? I think i just did.

This place only less than 5 mins walk from Formosa Hotel and at the Lucky Plaza area, almost beside almost Mickey Mouse Bak Kut Teh.

*the name ,Siang Malam reminds me of the Budi Siang Malam chicken rice store.

...to continue in the next page

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info