Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 172 / Power: 21
qbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samsterqbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Saha in spot kick vow

Louis Saha insists he will have no problems taking a penalty for Manchester United against Chelsea.

The striker is still coming to terms with his last minute miss from the spot in United's UEFA Champions League defeat to Celtic in midweek.

Reports have suggested Cristiano Ronaldo will assume penalty-taking duties in the future, but Saha is ready to step up to the plate on Sunday if required.

"If there is a penalty against Chelsea I will take it if that is what the coach wants," Saha told The People.

"I will have absolutely no problem with that."

Saha is also eager to score against the champions, live on Sky Sports 1, to help erase the pain of his miss against Celtic.

He also wants to show Gary Neville that he can rise to the big occasion after the United captain allegedly predicted he would not score his penalty.

"The penalty in Glasgow will take a long time to get out of my system, but I want to help wipe it out of my mind by scoring against Chelsea," continued Saha.

"It won't be the same, but it will be me vindicating myself after what happened in midweek.

"My mission is to score goals. If I fail then it's sad for the team, but I'm not a nutter.

"If I score today I will dedicate it to the supporters and to Gary, but not in a bad way as though I have something against him.

"At United we are all together and I want to interpret what he said as a way of encouraging me.

"We all make mistakes. Sometimes the strikers don't score goals and sometimes the defenders don't mark players the way they should do - that's football."