View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2754 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you really look forward to in your daily life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by furritales View Post
It’s true that in order to succeed in life, one must be determined and set goals and work towards it. This is often the advice given by many successful business leaders like Warren Buffett, Benjamin Graham etc. Many lecturers in Business Administration courses often repeat this advice like a precious mantra. But how many of us are determined and focused? It’s like telling a man with obesity to eat less, exercise more; telling a student to study hard if he wants to get distinctions. Everyone of us are different and sees life differently and not everyone have the capability to succeed in life. But on the other hand, does being successful necessarily means happiness?

Majority of the human population are just 平明百姓, 有一天过一天. I may not have the brains to be rich and successful, but what I do believe is that certain little things we do in our daily lives can bring some cheer and spices.. 每天就是要让心笑一笑,哪怕是见不得光偷鸡摸狗的事...

When business leaders talk about goal setting they refer to financial success but goals do not have to be anything to do with money.

One of my goals was to win a photo competition. Now that everything is digital it didn't cost me a cent as I already had all the necessary equipment to take decent images.

The competition is held annually by a local camera club of which I am a member.

There is no prize money and no national fame. The club only has about 100 members and nobody beyond that club even knows who I am or gives a shit about the photos I take.

However this did not alter the fact that the journey was rewarding and the outcome extremely satisfying when I won after trying unsuccessfully for 3 straight years.

Happiness is not about fame and fortune. It is best served in small but regular doses amongst peers, family and friends.

My new goal is to win at National level at the NZ inter club competition. It may never happen but the journey is half the fun. It motivates me to plan my week and gives me a reason to wake up every morning.

When I lose interest in photography I'll find some new interest and the process will start over.

Footnote : In 1997 I had a brainwave. I would start a website about sex in Singapore. My goal was to make it the largest and most successful sex HUB! sammyboyforum was the end result. At its height it gave me great satisfaction to see this place buzzing with activity and I was always thinking of ways to make things better. Sadly the government is hell bent on destroying what they consider to be a blot on the sinkie landscape. Nowadays it is a chore just to keep it going against the odds. That is why I have developed new interests and set new goals.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates