View Single Post
Old 20-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 465 / Power: 8
reallyveryfat is a glorious beacon of lightreallyveryfat is a glorious beacon of lightreallyveryfat is a glorious beacon of lightreallyveryfat is a glorious beacon of lightreallyveryfat is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Bangkok Chiong Scene / Massage / AGoGo / Clubs / Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowntender View Post
The raid happened on Friday a week ago, and the Thai newspaper had articles on the front page for consecutive days.

Nevertheless, this writer on this Sing news missed few points or not worldly enough to know better.

1/ The place is called Victoria's Secret ten years ago. The name and ownership had been changed to Victoria and The Lord's Group respectively since 2009.

2/ The issue of this case in particular is in two counts : human trafficking and child prostitution It is not about legality of sex trade or sex tourism in Thailand. For those who wants to argue about it, go through the immigration passport area, you will see a sign board about it.

3/ Linking the case and the failure of present military regime in the government is stretched too far, IMO.

I am not familiar with Singapore media, but this is not a good journalism as far as I concern.
The article is written by some guy in Bangkok Post. Anyway i had wanted to bring out the part about the corruption. We all know that bribery is rampant among all the vice trades, so i'm just concerned that we will lose our playing grounds if the Thai gov really clamp down on it.