View Single Post
Old 17-11-2017, 12:13 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1559 / Power: 16
RumpRanger has a brilliant futureRumpRanger has a brilliant futureRumpRanger has a brilliant futureRumpRanger has a brilliant futureRumpRanger has a brilliant futureRumpRanger has a brilliant futureRumpRanger has a brilliant futureRumpRanger has a brilliant futureRumpRanger has a brilliant futureRumpRanger has a brilliant futureRumpRanger has a brilliant future
Re: Are Indians serviced by Geylang PRC houses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikar View Post
Nope, that's going to change in the next 5 - 7 years. More and more of the younger generation of Indian girls are dating sg Chinese guys, see a lot of these couples nowadays especially inplaces frequented by youngsters (SMU area, west gate, shopping malls etc). In the 90s to late 2000s, never seen any of this kind of combo, only Indian-man-chinese-girl, but it's changing now.

In fact I can say majority of local Indian girls currently under 26 years old have Chinese boyfriends. It's the new trend nowadays (and Indian guys also going for Chinese girls....I heard that Indians don't like to date their own kind if they've a choice)

The younger generation Chinese guys actually don't mind even the dark skin girls as that's what the majority of the couples I've seen are, what I'm a bit surprised is that Indian girls actually don't mind dating Chinese guys (always felt our facial features not as defined as the Indian guys)
I quite agree. The new generation of young people are colour blind when it comes to looks and skin especially when their class has a diversity of race and religion and almost everyone speak Singlish. It is usually in the polys and universities where they pair up. The Chinese girls and guys don't have the same kind of prejudice as those who are in their 40s or older nor do they date Indian foreign workers which seems to fit the standard Indian stereotype. They date local Indians who are educated and who behave well. I am pretty sure the Chinese women who married some of our Indian ministers are all well-educated and married them long time ago before they became MPs.