View Single Post
Old 14-01-2018, 03:52 AM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5122 / Power: 15
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Basic normal room should cost less than S$50,hehehe...50k rupiah extra for a normal Sat or holiday eve stay. They only count Sat and holiday eve as weekend stay.
I was writing to someone, first time in Batam if I am not wrong, with a tentative budget on his mind on the order of 500 SGD /day. I expect that such a person will not look for the smallest and cheapest room, but will opt for something on a upper tier (e.g., business room in Formosa, at least).

Your rates above for Formosa (less than S$50!) are special, achievable by negotiation or by using super saving brokers, and for the basic rooms. You even compare the rates for Silver members of Formosa membership card. That are not the prices for a visitor who comes once for a weekend, just to try.

Normal walk-in rates in Formosa are the ones I wrote (S$60-S$70), at least that, if one wants a better room than the basic one.
For example, I just checked on Expedia (the Formosa booking web site is down) and best rates I found for a couple of random dates in February are S$57, S$62, and up.
I also note that Expedia claims that S$57 is a "super saving promo", with -29% discount on the regular rate (claimed to be S$80 for a standard room).