View Single Post
Old 14-01-2018, 08:57 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Page View Post
I was writing to someone, first time in Batam if I am not wrong, with a tentative budget on his mind on the order of 500 SGD /day. I expect that such a person will not look for the smallest and cheapest room, but will opt for something on a upper tier (e.g., business room in Formosa, at least).
This is quite true,and if i were to make a comparison of the rate on most 3 star hotels in Batam WITH an upper tier room,it would cost around S$60 and/or above.

By the way,Silver card level onward has some free room upgrade tho.

Quote:
Your rates above for Formosa (less than S$50!) are special, achievable by negotiation or by using super saving brokers, and for the basic rooms. You even compare the rates for Silver members of Formosa membership card. That are not the prices for a visitor who comes once for a weekend, just to try.
Nope,the price list stated ,room was not compared with any negotiation but was base on all member level,hehehe...meaning to say,simply walk in, take up their membership (which is free),get the room immediately at 460k (i have brought friends to do the same before).

Then of course, the higher tier room would cost more.

Quote:
Normal walk-in rates in Formosa are the ones I wrote (S$60-S$70), at least that, if one wants a better room than the basic one.
For example, I just checked on Expedia (the Formosa booking web site is down) and best rates I found for a couple of random dates in February are S$57, S$62, and up.
I also note that Expedia claims that S$57 is a "super saving promo", with -29% discount on the regular rate (claimed to be S$80 for a standard room).
Come to think of it,when i 1st hit batam nearly 4 years ago,my room rate was about S$62 for their most basic room. Today, the price seems to come down,hehehe...perhaps due to stiff competition.

Kaha used to be 450k rupiah but has increase to 475k rupiah over time. Now,i believe it must have gone up a little bit.

Note that online room booking were very much base on season too. Meaning to say,different season,different pricing.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info