View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 12:15 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 213 / Power: 7
abcitbats is a Helpful and Caring Samsterabcitbats is a Helpful and Caring Samsterabcitbats is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Geylang going for re-development?

last time heard was to move to near turf club, gl is a good location for highend development as it it just outside the cbd. however, cbd is not as high value as last time when we started to de-centralize the business district now, guess that is the reason why redevelopment of gl has slowed down

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Lim2Peanut View Post
Actually there was a post some time back around this topic and I must say it was interesting. This topic was also validated by some of the OKTs at Lor 18 where we recently saw a row of houses making way for some new development – basically the row that’s directly opposite the likes of 1818/1820 etc.

The topic revolved around how the plan was to move I think into the likes of Choa Chu Kang or one of the more western districts where light industrial areas are located.

To convert current geylang into high-rise types. When I say high rise its probably less than 10 stories type that is typically found in your light industrial areas. The logic:

- Manage these activities away from a potential residential/educational/ commercial area that Geylang can become. Basically, monetize more.
- Manage redlight activities in ONE BLOCK.
=This allows CCTV usage in better lit areas for facial identification.
=Contain ALL activities in one block. Better security and management ‘yellow card’ holders.
=Outsource security to manage this area together with CCTV etc.
=Overall closer tracking and monitoring of ‘incoming and outgoing’.
Other speculations included:
- having different floors for different CAT eg. CAT 40/50/80/150
- potentially moving Kelantan Clinic to similar area. This allows control of yellow card holders to simply walk to the clinic (control measures) and also open up the new Kelantan Clinic to those who patronize the area as a new source of revenue. This also acts as a control measure to help identify ‘patient zero’ in an form of new future outbreak.