View Single Post
Old 19-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1388 / Power: 21
imom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud ofimom has much to be proud of
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Larsson Joins Red Devils Training
Mon 18 Dec, 4:10 PM

Former Sweden striker Henrik Larsson has trained with Manchester United for the first time.

Larsson, 35, flew in to England on Saturday and then travelled with the squad to watch United lose to West Ham.

He has sealed a two-and-a-half month loan deal from Helsingborgs, which kicks in on New Year's Day when he could make his debut against Newcastle.

Larsson will spend this week training in Manchester before going back to Sweden to celebrate Christmas with his family.

And Helsingborgs coach Stuart Baxter says Larsson will be in excellent shape.

Baxter said: "We only finished our season 10 days ago so Henrik is still in good shape.

"If he works reasonably hard over Christmas - which I presume he will do - and gets in some good work with United that will bring him back up to speed.

"Of course Henrik has got to adjust to the pace of the game, the same as everyone else.

"But for the job United want him to do, his fitness will not be a problem."

Baxter - like Larsson - was at Upton Park on Sunday as the Red Devils suffered a frustrating time in front of goal.

He added: "If Henrik had been available, I am sure it would have been an interesting one for Sir Alex to tinker with. He would have given him another option.

"I know he is looking forward to the challenge and of course I will be monitoring his progress."

Larsson's two-and-a-half month loan deal kicks in on New Year's Day when he could make his debut against Newcastle.

He cannot wait to get started.

"I feel quite humbled that such a huge club and great manager are interested in what I can do, " said Larsson on his website.

"I am really excited at the prospect of playing for United."

Schrodinger's Cat - A girl's skills are both good and bad until one makes an observation. Then she becomes either 'good' or 'bad'. The observation thus determines the result