View Single Post
Old 13-08-2018, 02:23 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1529 / Power: 9
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Buying house in thailand under foreigner name

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple4simple View Post
Folks, reading about buying house in thailand. wife is thai, but need to buy a landed property(preferably) or condo.

1. Few say that in case of any future issues, house will go to wife only. is it true? Any way to get only under my name?
2. Like to buy away from Bangkok, like ayutthaya or chiangmai or nonthaburi.
3. Any singapore real estate agency do this or can i go for advice?
1. buy condo, put under your name no problem. even if freehold.
house wise, supposingly u wont be able to claim it because u dont qualify in the 1st place. some countries have exception.
consult the local real estate agent there better.
got many real estate agents cater specifically to foreigners in thailand.

2. can buy anywhere u like. their ownership law does not discriminate location within the country. same law applies anywhere within thailand.
I have been observing the condos in bkk for a few yrs. Its really hot. easily the price before they drill the ground to completion, appreciate 30% to > 100% (based on advertisements' lowest quotes "from xxx baht"). my own view is "too hot to buy" due to massive buying by chinese investors. Rental yields are not paying well in bkk. Completion risk is one of the key concerns when buying a condo that hasn't started building yet. Developers usually take bank loans to finance a new project and if the loan is suddenly cut, thats it the building just freeze there for yrs. Interest rate on loans are high too. Only aim those projects from reputable developers.

3. got sg agents promote bkk property. they link up direct with the developers there but they only do new launches, no resale. just google / call and ask.

make sure u read and researched enough before u sign any papers & pass any money. plenty of other people's past experiences can be found online.

u may also sign up for a free 1 day property tour in bkk just to look around and get a feel about buying property in thailand. Comes with free transport + free lunch + free seminar on what to look out for + financing advise, etc. Of course u should expect them to push some sales to u. i havent been to 1 though.