The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 05-05-2018, 02:22 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2614 / Power: 20
draven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Doing business in LOS

For those have the proper documentation to work here in Thailand... Try Tze Char.. All their local food, for the long stayers foreigners are quite boring.. not creative at all.. all stalls are selling all the same food n dishes..
Teochew muei..quite popular for the local thai in the night n mostly for the night crawlers
Frog porridge... Thai dont know how to do it but they love it when they try it in Sg and Malaysia..
Economic mee or mee hoon and the side dishes for the low income people..the way they fried the mee hoon is damn horrible...after cook n leave it there for a while, all will stick together one.. when i show my friend how we Sg cook the mee hoon, all are individual by itself..not stick..even leave for half a day..He stunned...Thai also dont use the yellow mee...dont know how to eat...

I'M CIM KING
Old 05-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 62 / Power: 13
despicableme deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven78eric View Post
For those have the proper documentation to work here in Thailand... Try Tze Char.. All their local food, for the long stayers foreigners are quite boring.. not creative at all.. all stalls are selling all the same food n dishes..
Teochew muei..quite popular for the local thai in the night n mostly for the night crawlers
Frog porridge... Thai dont know how to do it but they love it when they try it in Sg and Malaysia..
Economic mee or mee hoon and the side dishes for the low income people..the way they fried the mee hoon is damn horrible...after cook n leave it there for a while, all will stick together one.. when i show my friend how we Sg cook the mee hoon, all are individual by itself..not stick..even leave for half a day..He stunned...Thai also dont use the yellow mee...dont know how to eat...
I think thai food quite a lot of choices. I have been to thailand many times but everytime also encounter new dishes and so many styles of cooking. Northern thai/southern thai/northeast thai and then chinese/muslim influenced. If you go to a bigger thai Tze char stall/restaurant not those roadside ones as space restricted, I think the choices at least is the same as our Tze char stall or more. The complaint I have is that some of their food is too hot as in chili kind of hot (not spicy, i like spice) that sometimes may numb my tongue which then I cant really enjoy the full flavor of the food. Thai food is a quality international cuisine with lots of variety, but yea I do agree there is space for some singapore styled food that may be popular there. Bak kuh teh/bak chor mee (dry)/sweet and sour pork/claypot rice etc.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Samster

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8958 / Power: 23
naemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quite a lot in BKK. I frequent 2 in samut prakan.

Quote:
There is 1 in Meng jai by SG man. Dunno whether still there cause I dun like and expensive.

Quote:
the way they fried the mee hoon is damn horrible...after cook n leave it there for a while, all will stick together one..
I think they dun use our SG bee hoon more of a type of "glass noodle".
Old 05-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Samster

naemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond reputenaemlo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by despicableme View Post
but yea I do agree there is space for some singapore styled food that may be popular there. Bak kuh teh/bak chor mee (dry)/sweet and sour pork/claypot rice etc.
There are a few SG/MY styled food in BKK but disappointment and expensive.

There is 1 ala carte type, pay 1 price and eat till u drop. U can order, lasi lemak, chicken rice, char kuey tiaw, bak kuh teh, laksa, etc..... I went once with my wife, ordered lasi lemak, chay kuey tiaw, chicken rice and laksa. Very very very full

U must go with a group then u can share and taste all the dishes. If memory dun fail, I paid about 1000thb for 2 of us, including 1 drink each.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:54 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo View Post

There is 1 ala carte type, pay 1 price and eat till u drop. U can order, lasi lemak, chicken rice, char kuey tiaw, bak kuh teh, laksa, etc..... I went once with my wife, ordered lasi lemak, chay kuey tiaw, chicken rice and laksa. Very very very full

U must go with a group then u can share and taste all the dishes. If memory dun fail, I paid about 1000thb for 2 of us, including 1 drink each.
1000B is a tad expensive for these kind of everyday food. This shop have to target expat Sg ppl working or living there. How about we discuss what food in thai can bring to mainstream sg that we locals will enjoy and accept, haha. My first thought is khao kha moo (pork leg rice) with a bit of mei cai on the side and finished with an egg on top. Can add lup cheong if you want. I think this can be accepted by most sg people.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:13 PM
Samster

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3191 / Power: 14
Happyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For those have the proper documentation to work here in Thailand... Try Tze Char..
Proper documentation mean their work permit is for some other job.....and if use that work permit to work at Tze Char or any hawker food etc is still illegal lah.

There's no work permit for this kind of small set up unless you register a proper Co.,Ltd and employ 3 or 4 Thai employee etc.....

Small set up can do but don't get caught lor, or when business too good just be careful someone report or sabotage you by reporting to immigration....if want to do hawker food business, best is go back to sg and can earn more.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:43 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman007 View Post

Small set up can do but don't get caught lor, or when business too good just be careful someone report or sabotage you by reporting to immigration....if want to do hawker food business, best is go back to sg and can earn more.
If caught, few days free stay in Hilton, pay a fine, deport and blacklist. Another way is pay the officer every time he needs cash and visits u but this is endless and amount will get bigger.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55055 View Post

The shop you mentioned is just unfortunate to suffer such fate. And the Japanese imo didn’t do their homework about pricing. Like I mentioned, why should one go pay for expensive jap food, if within along the street can get same food but cheaper.
Younger Thais love Jap food but opens 1 in Pattaya?? Foreigners or mongers dun really like Jap food. Pattaya is full of foreigners and Thais who barely earn enough to enjoy Jap food. A plate of som tum and a bowl of noodle cost less than 100 thb compares to Jap food
Old 06-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Samster

draven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo View Post

Where sia bro....????

I just know one stall at Thonglor, used to be by a SG man but later stopped and taken over by his workers before and do until now.
So far i tried, the hokkien mee is really not bad and the chilli is quite...the mee goreang..good too...but carrot cake quite off...very big pcs...
Stall name is Boon Tong Kiat at Thonglor...Have chicken rice too...555
Weekend have laksa but yet to try

I'M CIM KING
Old 06-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Samster

Quote:
I think thai food quite a lot of choices. I have been to thailand many times but everytime also encounter new dishes and so many styles of cooking. Northern thai/southern thai/northeast thai and then chinese/muslim influenced. If you go to a bigger thai Tze char stall/restaurant not those roadside ones as space restricted, I think the choices at least is the same as our Tze char stall or more. The complaint I have is that some of their food is too hot as in chili kind of hot (not spicy, i like spice) that sometimes may numb my tongue which then I cant really enjoy the full flavor of the food. Thai food is a quality international cuisine with lots of variety, but yea I do agree there is space for some singapore styled food that may be popular there. Bak kuh teh/bak chor mee (dry)/sweet and sour pork/claypot rice etc.
To me, they really lack creativity...
For us, hor fun can change to char bee hoon or yellow noodle or even mui fan...same sauce but different main ingredient.
fried chicken can change to kopi , lemon, or even XO fried chicken..they only one freid chicken.

For their kuay diao..only 3-4 variety..unlike us..have mee pok, ee mee, big kuay diao, mee tai bak and etc...
Weird, when the stall owner spent time to make the soup, when serve they still add the 4 table king spices...WTF.. may as well ask the vendor to serve noodle with hot plain water can liao, then they put in the fish sauce , sugar, vinegar and watever they want..damn spoil the original soup and dont appreciate the soup lah...I always tell my wife, "You all ah, always think you people are very special, actually not special in the good way but the buffalo way. You all are more outdated than the China farmers" 555

But this is also one of the reason i chose here...more outdated and low pace...we just need to get used to what luxury we have before and not having now and complain less.. 5555

I'M CIM KING
Old 06-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Samster

Quote:
Stall name is Boon Tong Kiat at Thonglor...Have chicken rice too...555
Weekend have laksa but yet to try
Went there once, cause I stay near there.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Samster

Quote:
To me, they really lack creativity...
For us, hor fun can change to char bee hoon or yellow noodle or even mui fan...same sauce but different main ingredient.
fried chicken can change to kopi , lemon, or even XO fried chicken..they only one freid chicken.

For their kuay diao..only 3-4 variety..unlike us..have mee pok, ee mee, big kuay diao, mee tai bak and etc...
Weird, when the stall owner spent time to make the soup, when serve they still add the 4 table king spices...WTF.. may as well ask the vendor to serve noodle with hot plain water can liao, then they put in the fish sauce , sugar, vinegar and watever they want..damn spoil the original soup and dont appreciate the soup lah...I always tell my wife, "You all ah, always think you people are very special, actually not special in the good way but the buffalo way. You all are more outdated than the China farmers" 555

But this is also one of the reason i chose here...more outdated and low pace...we just need to get used to what luxury we have before and not having now and complain less.. 5555
Their thai sausage got quite a few different versions. Colour/fillings/spices/texture all different. Salad as well, other than the ever popular som tum, there are at least 10 other version of salads out there. I am sure you have been to other places like Chiang Mai and the food there and the usual ones you can find in Bkk taste different as well, using the same main ingredients.

About the table mixers(spice/sauce/chilli/sugar), I do understand your perplexity. The food itself for me already quite flavorful, there is seldom a need to add so many extra condiments. They are really zhong kou wei, to them the spicier the better, the sweeter the better, the more sour the better. That's way I dont put much myself. But in sg although not to that extreme, I sometimes see people overuse chilli in chicken rice or hokkien mee etc.

Probably a lot of people been to Huay Kwang terrace, I think the variety there is enough and most food are top notch. That will be a great thai tze char place for me.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55055 View Post
Also went there a few times. Copied Boon Tong Kee Sg famous Chicken rice.
But still better than the thai Chicken rice of course.

Also staying somewhere nearby there last time.
Better than Thai Chicken rice , Thats for sure bro...

I'M CIM KING
Old 06-05-2018, 09:05 PM
Samster

Quote:

About the table mixers(spice/sauce/chilli/sugar), I do understand your perplexity. The food itself for me already quite flavorful, there is seldom a need to add so many extra condiments. They are really zhong kou wei, to them the spicier the better, the sweeter the better, the more sour the better. That's way I dont put much myself. But in sg although not to that extreme, I sometimes see people overuse chilli in chicken rice or hokkien mee etc.
Thats why i always ask my wife , better ask them just put the noodles in hot water can liao... overuse of chili in our food is one thing, but with other things like vinegar and salt and sugar is just no logic...to me lah... 555
As Bro Naemlo mentioned before, Logic in Thailand will bring us to no where...555

I'M CIM KING
Old 07-05-2018, 01:50 AM
Samster

Quote:
As Bro Naemlo mentioned before, Logic in Thailand will bring us to no where...555
1 main reason of staying in Thailand is less stress... so why bother to know too much how Thais behaves on all these "sesame seed, green bean, small matters"? I dun bother to question them or think too much on why this n that. If I want all these, I might as well stay in SG.

Anyway, Thais doing business very weird....

Give an example, when u do business transaction over the counter in the bank, like TT, u will need to go to the bank u opened the bank account.

Another, I was using 3BB for my house and when I wanted to move to another house and continue the service in the new address, the CSO told me, I need to pay for the new installation service. I can return the old equipment to any branch. I immediately told the CSO, I will use TRUE, send someone to collect the equipment, if not I will throw it away. I subscribed to TRUE, came to my house with the equipment to install and everything was free except monthly bill.

The list of weird goes on, just get use to it n dun bother to think their logic.

Last edited by naemlo; 07-05-2018 at 02:04 AM.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1