The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Adult Discussions about SEX

Notices

Adult Discussions about SEX Misc chit chat about sex, whores, girls, love and lust. This section is a ZAP FREE zone.

User Tag List

Old 22-07-2018, 11:39 PM
Samster (M)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -7 / Power: 0
kuasimi is under Moderation till he learns how to behave
Re: World Cup 2018

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ional-10544746

'The start of hard work to come': What signing a professional contract could mean for Ben Davis

By Matthew Mohan
22 Jul 2018 06:22AM (Updated: 22 Jul 2018 06:30AM)

SINGAPORE: Penning a professional contract with a Premier League club is a massive achievement, English footballers past and present told Channel NewsAsia, but making the step up to the first team presents a big challenge for youngsters like Benjamin Davis.

Having joined Fulham on a scholarship in July last year, it was announced last Friday (Jul 13) that the 17-year-old midfielder had signed a two-year professional contract with the Cottagers. Davis is the first Singaporean to ink a professional contract with a club in the top flight of English football.

For a young player to do so represents a milestone, said former Premier League midfielder Gary Taylor-Fletcher.

"You've worked so hard to get to the point of having a chance and the actual number of footballers (in all of England) who get that first professional contract is minute," the former Blackpool and Leicester City man explained.

"It's a massive achievement, but it's only the start of the hard work to come."

"It's fantastic, when you've signed a professional contract - it's the best feeling in your life," agreed former goalkeeper John Burridge, who clocked almost 800 appearances for over 25 clubs in the United Kingdom. "But you still haven't made it yet."

Players at top tier English academies have a better chance of being offered a professional contract than those at the lower rungs, according to a 2017 Guardian article citing statistics from the Premier League. Fulham are one of 15 Premier League and nine Championship clubs in that top tier, where 65 per cent of their 18-year-olds got offered such contracts last year.

But signing a professional contract is just the beginning. From then on, they will get to train either with the first team, U-23s or U-18s, depending on how good they are.

"It all depends on the coaches and how they see the player developing," said Taylor-Fletcher, who signed his first professional contract with Leyton Orient.

"If he's someone who is a big lad and who has developed well, then he might be put straight in with the U-23s. But usually at that age, they'll have a year or two with the U-18s before they make the step up."

"To get into the first team, that's an even bigger step up again," added Taylor-Fletcher. "At 18 you sign a contract, you might not play in the first team till you're 21 or 22."

Such was the case for Crewe Alexandra defender Perry Ng, a 22-year-old Englishman who qualifies to play for Singapore as his paternal grandfather is Singaporean.

After signing his first professional contract at 18, Ng took close to two years to make his first start for Crewe.

"It was very difficult at first because I was a young pro and wasn’t getting selected so I had to work hard and try to impress in training," he said.

"Most got released at the end of their contract and now play for semi-pro teams, or some went to university."

As for Ng, he had to drop to the lower divisions to get more game time, towards the end of his first season as a professional.

"This was good for me as I got to play men's football for the first time and show Crewe that they could trust me playing against men," he added.

Ng is currently a mainstay with the League Two side, but he stressed that it is tough for young players to make the leap to the first team.

"Most other clubs don’t really give young lads a chance unless they are an exceptional talent," he said. "So I owe a lot to Crewe for giving me the chance at such a young age as many other young lads don’t even get a chance."

One such talent that Davis could seek inspiration from is Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon, who joined the Cottagers' academy at the age of eight, making his first start for the club in 2016 at the age of 16.

Similar to Davis, Sessegnon was also on a scholarship contract before turning professional. But while the Singaporean has mostly been featuring for the U-18s, Sessegnon played for the first team while he was on scholarship, scoring seven goals in 30 appearances in the 2016-2017 season.

After signing a professional contract, the 18-year-old last season became the first player from outside the top flight to be shortlisted for the Professional Footballers’ Association Young Player of the Year award.

But the speedy Sessegnon, who plays as a left back or left winger, is the exception rather than the norm.

The latest CIES Football Observatory report found that in the English top flight, of the players who spent at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21 at their clubs, only one in 10 graduated from their academies.

"At some of the top Premier League clubs now, it is very difficult to get the youngsters through," said Taylor-Fletcher, who has moved into management after a long playing career. "With the amount of money in the game and the pressure on managers to succeed, they will often go out and buy somebody ready made, rather than developing someone."

However, the door remains open for Davis to make his first start in one of the world's top leagues.

Premier League rules state that each club can use an unlimited number of U-21 players throughout the season, on top of their 25-man squad.

At the start of the 2017/18 Premier League season, there were an average of 49 players in each club registered as U-21 players, including those signed on contracts and scholars. A number of these players went on to feature in their respective clubs' campaigns, such as Arsenal's Alex Iwobi, Chelsea's Andreas Christensen and Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Davis could be registered as a U-21 player for Fulham in the upcoming season, but whether he will make his Premier League bow remains to be seen.

"He needs to stay focused, train hard and dedicate himself (to football), said Burridge, a former goalkeeping coach with Singapore.

"Everybody's got a different mentality, some people will strive and progress with a winning mentality," added Taylor-Fletcher. "It all depends on the personality of the individual, and on the coaches at the U-18 and U-23 squads."

Source: CNA/mt
Old 22-07-2018, 11:43 PM
Samster (M)

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...for-deferment/

Athletes back Ben Davis for deferment

Published on 2018-07-19 by The Online Citizen

Two of Singapore's most prominent swimmers - Joscelin Yeo and Joseph Schooling - have thrown their weight behind Singaporean footballer Ben Davis.

In a Facebook and Instagram post, Joscelin Yeo asked Ben to "keep setting high goals" for himself and to "go after your dreams".

She said: "I fully support National Service (NS). Would Joseph Schooling have won a historic Olympic gold medal if he hadn’t gotten a deferment from NS? When a Singaporean is on the brink of an international breakthrough on the sporting scene, we should support them. When they have made a breakthrough (confirm plus chop as Singaporeans would say), even more so should we support them. Ben, keep setting high goals for yourself, stay focused, and go after your dreams!"

https://instagram.com/p/BlWoZO2H2Dw/...ource=ig_embed

In addition, Olympic gold medalist Joseph Schooling told the Straits Times: "My advice for him would be to follow his heart, do what he needs to do."

Former national footballer R Sasikumar suggested that Ben "lose the shirt", meaning he gives up his Singapore national jersey for another.

The Ben Davis issue has divided commenters over the last week, with a substantial number of people getting involved in the debate.

On 18 July, Harvey Davis, Ben's father issued a statement to counter a statement issued by Mindef, a statement which some felt were tantamount to character assassination of Davis.

The statement issued by Mindef accused Harvey of having no intention to return to serve National Service.

In his counter, Harvey said that "it is unfortunate that MINDEF has an impression that Ben would not return to serve his NS.”

He said: “In my discussions with Sport SG and MCCY, I was clear that Ben should do his NS but the question is just when. This point was reiterated in an email response which was sent to MCCY on 15 May 2018. In that email, I had said very clearly that while renunciation was an option, it “is “NOT” Ben’s intention at all as he would like to represent Singapore.”

He added: “I had also made it clear that for “clarity, and for the record, I agree 100% that Ben should do his National Service. My older boy has already completed his NS and both Ben and his younger brother Jai will also complete their NS. The only question is timing for Ben as we would like to give him the best opportunity to play at the highest possible professional level in the UK and Europe. If Ben does not get a renewed contract or new contract by May 2020 then he should return to serve his NS.”

He also added that in the same email which was sent to the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth, it was stated that we “are unable to commit to a date for his return should he be playing professional football in the UK or Europe” as it is also a possibility that Ben could be offered a new 2 year contract in 2019 after the first year of his pro-contract.

Davis added that “there are a lot of variables all dependent on his development and progression, and anyone who understands how professional football and sports works will understand this.”

He also confirmed that he had given a date which his son would return to serve.

"As I’ve stated in my email to MCCY on 15 May 2018, Ben will return to Singapore and serve his National Service if he doesn’t get an extension of the current 2 year-contract.”
Old 22-07-2018, 11:47 PM
Samster (M)

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...-defer-his-ns/

MINDEF’s new argument against Ben Davis: He will go AWOL if we defer his NS

Published on 2018-07-19 by Correspondent

MINDEF yesterday (18 Jul) now said that it rejected teenage footballer Ben Davis' deferment request because there was no intention by the family to ensure that the 17-year-old will fulfil his national service (NS) duties. This was reported in ST today (19 Jul).

Replying to media queries, MINDEF explained that "when asked during the deferment application process when Mr Davis intended to return and serve NS, Mr Davis' father would not commit to a date and expressed that he would put Mr Davis' professional career first".

MINDEF revealed that the Davis family was told about the rejection of Ben's NS deferment request on Jun 11. But on Jun 29, Ben went ahead to sign a 2-year contract with Fulham FC even though he is supposed to return to enlist in December.

This suggested to MINDEF that "Mr Davis' actions are meant to further his own professional career, not national interest. As his father openly admitted, he is looking out for his son's future, not Singapore's".

"They have no intention of returning to fulfil their son's NS duties, especially if Mr Davis is given a full professional contract after the two years of his senior contract," said MINDEF, which somehow is able to read the minds of Davis family members.

"To allow deferment for this type of appeal would severely undermine the ethos and sacrifice of Singaporeans who have all put aside their personal interests to complete their NS duties," MINDEF added.

MINDEF earlier said Ben doesn't meet long-term deferment criteria from NS

Earlier on last Sunday (15 Jul), MINDEF announced that it was not able to grant NS deferment for Ben as he "does not meet the criteria for long-term deferment from Full-time NS".

In sports, "deferments are granted only to those who represent Singapore in international competitions like the Olympic Games and are potential medal winners for Singapore", MINDEF said few days ago.

Thus, "it would not be fair to approve applications for deferment for individuals to pursue their own careers and development".

In the last 15 years, only three have met such criteria, added MINDEF. One of them was Joseph Schooling.

Response from Ben's father

In response to the latest accusation from MINDEF, Ben's father, Mr Harvey Davis, said he had worked through the Football Association of Singapore, Sport Singapore (SportSG) and the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) over Ben's deferment, but had not met anyone from MINDEF.

Mr Harvey Davis said, "In my discussions with SportSG and MCCY, I was clear that Ben should do his NS, but the question is just when. This point was reiterated in an e-mail response which was sent to MCCY on May 15, 2018."

It is noted that Mr Harvey Davis' eldest son William had already completed his NS, which shows that the Davis family is all for NS.

"I agree 100 per cent that Ben should do his national service... My older boy has already completed his NS and both Ben and his younger brother Jai will also complete their NS. The only question is timing as we would like to give him the best opportunity to play at the highest possible professional level in the UK and Europe. If Ben does not get a renewed contract or new contract by May 2020, then he should return to serve his NS," added Ben's father.

He noted that in the e-mail to MCCY, he explained that they were unable to commit to a date for Ben's return as there was a possibility the midfielder could be offered a new two-year contract next year "or that he could be sent out on loan or sold to another club".

"As I have stated in my e-mail to MCCY on May 15, 2018, Ben will return to Singapore and serve his national service if he doesn't get an extension of the current two-year contract," he said.

MINDEF was not swayed. It said, "Many talented sportsmen, including footballers, have completed their NS dutifully first before pursuing their professional careers. Mindef has in place schemes during full-time NS to enable them to continue training to retain and improve their skills."

But of course, a contract to play in a world-class EPL club may not be there anymore after Ben's NS.

MINDEF continued, "We also provide additional training opportunities in the lead-up to major games such as the South-east Asian and Olympic Games where our sportsmen represent Singapore and do us proud."

National sports agency SportSG which falls under MCCY headed by Grace Fu, continued to say it supports the decision from MINDEF, which comes under Ng Eng Hen.

SportSG then gave a rather incomprehensible and cryptic response to the media, saying it will work with national sports associations "to ensure that there are specific whole team strategies that would enable more coherent support to be delivered".

MINDEF's responses ridiculed

Popular financial blogger Leong Sze Hian went through some of MINDEF's responses with his circle of friends and all had a good laugh. Some of the comical comments made were published on his blog:

"What does MINDEF expect his father to do – don’t sign the contract (and throw his son’s future into the drain!) – of course any father would just sign first so that at least he can appeal to MINDEF and still keep the possibility alive lah”

"This kind of reasoning and excuse from MINDEF is really lame lah!"

"What’s so wrong with a father saying that he is looking out for his son’s future – does MINDEF really expect him to wayang and jia jia say: 'Oh I am looking out for Singapore’s future, more so than my son’s!' ?"

"Double standard lah – can MINDEF please explain the apparent double standard in cases like Patrick Tan (Tony Tan's son) was granted disruption for 12 years from NS in 1988?"

Do you think MINDEF's latest response with regard to NS deferment of Ben Davis is ridiculous too?
Old 23-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 187 / Power: 6
JoesephToh is a Helpful and Caring SamsterJoesephToh is a Helpful and Caring Samster

With Mindef's continue attacks against a young men I won't be surprise if he would give up his Singapore's citizenship and all those who know the young lad personally will vote against the PAP . How come Tony Tan's son can get deferment while Ben Davies cannot ?
Old 23-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 51 / Power: 7
Ogawan deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

MINDEF can predict the future, great . Should ask MINDEF to give 6 numbers for Toto .
Old 23-07-2018, 07:12 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 81 / Power: 7
69minutes deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Please give up SG citizenship Ben Davies, professional football is the right path.
Old 23-07-2018, 08:24 PM
Samster (M)

https://www.facebook.com/TAVSingapor...type=3&theater

The Alternative View
Like This Page · 21 July ·

Elites vs Non-Elites

Do you know that Patrick Tan, son of Tony Tan, was granted an astounding 12-year deferment.

In the 1980s, deferment for studies was not a policy fiat. It was in fact granted only to an exclusive few - the criteria of which have never been spelt out by MINDEF.

What’s even more astounding: Patrick Tan was allowed to defer to do his postgraduate studies when similar requests were and are routinely rejected.

Read this blog post for more background info:
http://young-pap.blogspot.com/2011/0...egree.html?m=1

And finally, when Patrick Tan returned, he was not posted to any unit to serve out his NS. He was given the privilege of working in the Defence Medical and Environmental Research Institute (DMERI, then called DMRI).

Patrick Tan claimed he was attached but we all know that being attached means you have to be deployed to a parent unit first. But apparently that isn’t the case.

Instead of being asked to serve as an MO in campy as all medical students do, To Patrick Tan has the privilege of basically taking up a civilian position.

In contrast, Ben Davis will not get to enjoy even a morsel of such “privilege”.

Old 25-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1115 / Power: 7
sionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69minutes View Post
Please give up SG citizenship Ben Davies, professional football is the right path.
Will thailand give him a citizenship?
Grab it boy, yr future.
Old 20-03-2021, 07:35 AM
Samster (M)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69minutes View Post
He did so I think
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1