The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Adult Discussions about SEX

Notices

Adult Discussions about SEX Misc chit chat about sex, whores, girls, love and lust. This section is a ZAP FREE zone.

User Tag List

Old 16-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 122 / Power: 15
ZenMichael deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyZenMichael deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: 2 young lives lost

I wonder how long must SMRT & LTA test the new signalling system ? Always keep on giving problems.
Old 16-03-2018, 08:32 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1115 / Power: 7
sionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud of

Like to take bus, at least got powerful aircon.
Old 16-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 84 / Power: 8
Tempsmart deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMichael View Post
I wonder how long must SMRT & LTA test the new signalling system ? Always keep on giving problems.
Test until no fault , maybe until Ah Khaw kick the bucket also haven't finish testing .
Old 18-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Samster

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3872 / Power: 14
skyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond repute

Passengers involved in Joo Koon MRT collision asked to sign non-disclosure contract before medical fees can be reimbursed

Published on 2018-03-17 by The Online Citizen

Below is a letter written by one of the commuters involved in the collision at Joo Koon MRT station on 15 Nov 2017, which describes his experience of claiming reimbursement from SMRT

Firstly, I am not writing this to shame SMRT. And overall, I got a resolution. But it certainly could have gone a lot better though.

I was one of the passengers of the front cabin of the train in the Joo Koon MRT collision on November 15th 2017. During that incident, I fell on my backside. I walked out of the station, feeling lucky that I only got a bump on my backside, without any other injury. However, later that afternoon, my left arm felt completely devoid of strength, and my left ankle started to hurt. The following day, I went to see a clinic doctor. I then proceeded to emailed the smrt staff with my medical bills for claims.

It took them one and a half months for them to contact me again. The SMRT staff told me the claim is approved. However, they will need me to sign a "discharge voucher" before the amount of $31.70 can be reinbursed.

A few days later, they mailed the "discharge voucher" to me. When I read the "discharge voucher", I got a rude shock. They mailed me a bloody contract and expected me to sign it.

This contract demanded 3 terms:
1) The payment is final, no further amounts can be claimed.
2) No further responsibility can be held on the SMRT.
3) Terms of the agreement are to be kept entirely confidential.

Angrily, I told the staff, there was no way in hell that I would sign such a contract. I told them in no uncertain terms, that even if I was agreeable to the first 2 conditions, there was no way that I would sign away my rights to disclosure.

This whole back-and-forth went on for more than 1 week, with the staff transferring the case to her manager, whom I have had to explain all over, that I will under no circumstances surrender my rights to disclose anything that I want to disclose. The manager explained to me that this was simply their company policy, and every claimant had to go through the same things. I told her promptly, her company policies are none of my concern, and they are the ones who caused the problem in the first place. The compensation should have been UNCONDITIONAL.

continue reading here : https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...be-reimbursed/

I wonder why must have conditions to release even medical costs incurred through no fault of the commuters' fault ? Please do no sign such conditions . If this is the case commuters can complain to CASE and SUE SMRT . Why must include nondisclosure agreement ? What is SMRT & LTA trying to hide ?

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

rocket_boy is now Zapzaplah aka zaplamparlarzap

warboi

Craz78

Blacklist bros who I up but never return

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888
Old 18-03-2018, 10:22 AM
Samster

skyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond repute

Taipei Metro improves with experienced civil engineer but Singapore’s MRT becomes “laughing stock” under paper general

Published on 2018-03-17 by The Online Citizen

by Kwok Fangjie

Channel News Asia Insider ran a story on Saturday (17 Mar) highlighting how the Taipei Metro has turned itself around under President B C Yen and became twice as reliable as Singapore’s MRT system.

However, the metro system did not start out well. It said that the Taipei Metro “opened in 1996 was not always a success story. In 2003, six delays of over an hour had a major impact on commuters and affected its image.”

The problem was solved by a setting up “weekly technical meetings that would look at how and why each problem occurred, and how it would be fixed”. All these were written into “more than 7,000 SOP documents [which] are reviewed annually”.

When it changed the signalling system in 2009, there were problems too but the Taipei Metro “gave fare discounts and put extra staff on standby to take over the automated trains”. As a result, consumer’s trust is “concomitantly high” according to the article.

The Taipei metro has now been considered the gold global standard for train reliability, which encounters delays of more than five minutes once every 1 million kilometres. This makes it 2.5 times more reliable than Singapore’s 400,000km.

Khaw urges us to learn from Taipei’s metro, but Singapore’s MRT becomes “laughing stock”

Back in May 2016, Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan lauded the Taipei Metro, saying that "There is strong and tangible ownership of service reliability at all levels, from the chairman of the board, down to the president, management groups, engineers (and) the mechanics,"

Despite the rhetoric, SMRT faced the worst train breakdowns ever the following year on 7 Oct 2017. Train services on the North-South line down for more than 14 hours due to flooding. The next month, it was revealed that SMRT staff were caught falsifying maintenance records.

continue reading here : https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...paper-general/

It takes the right man or woman with the right skills and mindset to head a company . It should never be given to someone who volunteers for the job .

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

warboi

Craz78

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888
Old 19-03-2018, 08:21 PM
Samster

Taipei Metro gives fare discounts for breakdowns while PAP MP wants fares to be increased

Published on 2018-03-19 by Vincent Low

It was reported in Channel News Asia on Sat (17 Mar) that Taipei Metro, under Mr B C Yen who has over 40 years’ experience in the transportation industry, has enabled Taipei Metro to become one of the most reliable subway system in the world, averaging 1,000,000 km between delays (exceeding five minutes).

Singapore's MRT system under former Chief of Defence Force LG Desmond Kuek, however, could barely make the 400,000 km mark. LG Kuek came from a military background.

When he was appointed CEO of SMRT in 2012, then Chairman Koh Yong Guan said, "After an extensive search and selection process, we are pleased that we have someone of Desmond's background and calibre joining SMRT as the new CEO. SMRT is undergoing considerable change, not just in the way we operate transport services and serve our customers, but also how we will continue to grow as a company. Desmond has the attributes and proven qualities to lead SMRT through these challenges."

Taipei Metro upholds high standards when there are delays

CNA also reported that Taipei Metro upholds high standards when there are train delays. Commuters are notified after five minutes, if not sooner. SMRT on the other hand, only informs commuters of delays exceeding 10 minutes. TOC also often notes that SMRT fail to highlight delays when it is supposed to.

Taipei Metro's operation control centre director Hsu Tai-Ming said, "Five minutes is a standard, but if I already know a situation would cause longer delays, I’d start notifying passengers after three minutes."

Indeed, commuter trust is high for Taipei Metro. Taipei resident Wan Qi-Wei told CNA, "We won’t make a point of checking for delays before we head out. We’re very confident in the system.”

continue reading here : https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...-be-increased/

Why can't Singapore learn from Metro Taipei ? Bad mrt service still want to charge us normal fare . On top of that got some MP even suggest want to raise transport fares .

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

warboi

Craz78

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888
Old 21-03-2018, 05:02 PM
Samster

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

warboi

Craz78

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888
Old 22-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Samster

East-West Line stations to continue to have shorter hours over weekends in April: SMRT

22 Mar 2018 01:05PM

SINGAPORE: All 35 MRT stations along the East-West Line (EWL) will continue to open later and close earlier for all weekends in April as testing and maintenance works on the rail line continue, train operator SMRT said on Thursday (Mar 22).

The train services along the line - from Tuas Link to Pasir Ris, and from Tanah Merah to Changi Airport - have been ending earlier and starting later on weekends since March. They will continue to close earlier at about 11pm every Friday and Saturday and open later at about 8am every Saturday and Sunday in April, SMRT said.

The extended engineering hours allow more time to run the line fully on the new Communications-Based Train Control signalling system and to test the system’s integration with the North-South Line (NSL), according to SMRT.

"Up to 100 trains have been deployed on both the EWL and NSL on selected nights to stress-test the system. This progressive approach prepares the system for eventual tests during EWL passenger service hours in the coming months," the train operator added.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-over-10066280

Still need more testing ??? You have been testing since middle of last year . Such world class transport mrt system . By the way I am still boycotting SMRT Trains for now .

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

warboi

Craz78

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888
Old 23-03-2018, 07:53 PM
Samster

BPLRT to close on Sundays from April 15 to June 24 for maintenance work: SMRT

Published 23 March, 2018

Updated 23 March, 2018

SINGAPORE ― From April 15, the Bukit Panjang Light Rail Transit (BPLRT) will be closed for maintenance works every Sunday up to, and including, June 24. SMRT has announced.

On these 11 Sundays, shuttle buses that run parallel to the BPLRT network will be available for commuters, the rail operator said on Friday (March 23).

The maintenance works include the replacement of sections of the power rails to improve the robustness of the current power rail system, and the replacement of track switch components that control train movement along the tracks.

SMRT will also step up the ongoing replacement of parts of the doors and propulsion systems of LRT trains when services are not running on Sundays.

continue reading here : https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...intenance-work

Such a simple system also don't know how to maintain . Must wait until something happens than take action . I pity the residents of Bukit Panjang .

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

warboi

Craz78

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888
Old 23-03-2018, 08:11 PM
Samster

PTC releases 2018 fare formula review, higher fares expected to pay for higher operating cost

Published on 2018-03-23 by Neyla Zannia

The Public Transport Council (PTC) announced that it is revising the fare formula to ensure that fares keep pace with changes in the public transport industry’s cost structure. This formula forms the basis for the PTC’s deliberation at each year’s fare review exercise, where the PTC grants fare adjustments.

The fare formula review is typically done once every five years and the 2017/2018 review was completed after a year-long consultation with commuters, operators and industry experts, said PTC.

"Over the past few years, the public transport landscape has evolved significantly to bring greater convenience to commuters," the council said.

First, public transport capacity has increased by around 25% from 2012 to 2017. In particular, more than 1,000 new buses have been introduced through the Bus Service Enhancement Programme and Bus Contracting Model since 2012. Over the same period, around 200 new trains were injected into the network to augment the capacity of existing rail lines.

Second, the public transport network has become denser with the addition of new lines and extensions, which have led to an increase in the length of our rail network by 74km. A denser network provides more network resilience and opens up more travel connections and routes for commuters. For example, some commuters now have the option of walking between stations to get onto another nearby rail line.

These capacity upgrades and network expansions are necessary and have been welcomed by commuters. However, they come at a cost.

continue reading here : https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...perating-cost/

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

warboi

Craz78

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888
Old 23-03-2018, 08:14 PM
Samster

Why do we keep changing the transport fares formula to the detriment of commuters?

Published on 2018-03-23 by The Online Citizen

I refer to the article “Public transport fare formula to take into account network expansion and usage” (Straits Times, Mar 22).

It states that “The Public Transport Council (PTC), which announced this on Thursday (March 22), said that the network capacity factor (NCF) will give equal weighting to additional capacity put into both the bus and train networks.”

As to “The NCF compares the usage of the network against the capacity added. For example, if the network capacity were to increase more than ridership, this would result in an increase in the NCF component, thereby increasing the fare cap” – the timing of this change in the fare formula may be rather coincidental – as “The North-South and East-West MRT lines – Singapore’s oldest and most heavily used rail systems – posted a rare dip in ridership last year.

… average daily ridership on the two lines was 1.823 million last year, 3.1 percent lower than in 2016. This shrinkage reversed an almost continuous upward trend seen since the two lines opened 30 years ago.”

continue reading here : https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...-of-commuters/

Yah service still so fucked up still dare to increase fares .

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

warboi

Craz78

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888
Old 27-03-2018, 07:14 PM
Samster

SMRT reports 68% fall in profits in 2017

The public transport operator sees revenues plunge as it copes with increasing operating expenses.

27 Mar 2018 01:52PM (Updated: 27 Mar 2018 02:47PM)

SINGAPORE: SMRT earned S$26 million in after-tax profits in 2017, a stark contrast to the S$81 million reported the previous year.

According to the latest group review report released on its website on Tuesday (Mar 27), the public transport operator also recorded a fall in revenue of S$791 million for 2017 as compared to S$811 million in the previous year, citing "lower average fare".

Meanwhile, SMRT's earnings before interest and tax for the financial year of 2017 was recorded as S$27 million after it recorded S$97 million in the previous year.

The fall in earnings was in light of increasing operating expenses, SMRT said. This is due to "higher maintenance-related expenses for the ageing network" as well as "preparation for operating Tuas West Extension", it added. The Tuas West extension to the East-West Line officially opened in June 2016.

Details of operating data revealed in the review showed an increase in average weekday ridership from 756 million in 2016 to 768 million in 2017.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-2017-10079750

How can there be an increased in operating expenses when the LTA takes over all the rail assets ? Is this a fake news ? So should the CEO of SMRT be sacked for his inability to improve SMRT's revenues fortunes despite under the new rail model ?

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

warboi

Craz78

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888
Old 27-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Samster

SMRT CEO Desmond Kuek: Low fares affecting my profits

March 27, 2018

Blaming “lower average fare”, Temasek Holdings-owned SMRT posted a S$26 million profit in 2017, significantly lower than 2016’s S$81 million. SMRT wrote in it’s annual report that it’s profits are affected by “higher maintenance-related expenses for the ageing network”.

Due to the increased number of train breakdowns, the total distance travelled by passengers reduced from 8,322 million kms in 2016 to 8,271 million kms in 2017. However, the CEO of SMRT, Desmond Kuek, claimed that rail reliability has “improved” by up to “115%”:

“Last year, Mean Kilometres Between Failure (MKBF), a reliability indicator used by international metros, improved on the Circle Line to 523,000km, 129% better than in 2016. The North-South Line (NSL) and East-West Line (EWL) achieved 336,000km and 278,000km, improving by 115% and 92% respectively compared with the previous year. Early indications this year show promising results, and we expect to reach even closer to our goal of 1 million in MKBF.”

SMRT also reproduced a fake survey conducted by the Singapore government showing 91.8% satisfaction in train service.

You may read the SMRT Group Review here.

Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan has earlier last week promised to increase fares for SMRT and SBS Transit, and blamed the old fare calculation formula for cutting profits. In his earlier statement, the PAP Minister said fares are “too cheap”.

continue reading here : http://statestimesreview.com/2018/03...ng-my-profits/

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

warboi

Craz78

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888
Old 28-03-2018, 02:25 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1115 / Power: 7
sionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud ofsionglim has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: 2 young lives lost

Now weather hot, mrt no breakdown.
No sure any relation
Old 28-03-2018, 09:45 PM
Samster

Fewer train delays in 2017 despite major incidents that 'shook public confidence': SMRT

By Fann Sim

28 Mar 2018 01:00PM (Updated: 28 Mar 2018 03:16PM)

SINGAPORE: SMRT trains travelled further with fewer delays in 2017 compared to the year before, said SMRT at a press conference on Wednesday (Mar 28).

For the North-South Line (NSL), mean-kilometre between failure (MKBF), which measures delays of more than five minutes, has doubled from 156,000km in December 2016 to 336,000km in December 2017.

In the same period, the MKBF for the East-West Line (EWL) increased from 145,000km to 278,000km, while the Circle Line’s (CCL) MKBF increased from 228,000km to 523,000km.

For the first two months of this year, SMRT said that the MKBF for NSL and CCL has already exceeded next year’s target of 600,000km and credits this to the completion of sleeper and third rail replacement as well as the stabilisation of the new Communications-based Train Control (CBTC) signalling system.

The EWL is expected to catch up after it settles into the new signalling system, which will be fast-tracked to be implemented by June instead of end-2018, said SMRT.

“The reliability statistics show steady improvement especially in the last two to three years. But we acknowledge that they do not seem to square with commuters’ experience on the North-South and East-West Lines last year,” said Mr Desmond Kuek, president and Group CEO of SMRT.

“This is because of project-related disruptions faced between May to October in the implementation of the new CBTC signalling system. This data is not captured in the MKBF numbers because MKBF data is used for comparing the intrinsic reliability of the network from year to year, without the temporal and possibly distortive effect of short-term projects,” Mr Kuek added.

SMRT said that a majority of faults caused by the new CBTC were caused by a loss of train-to-trackside signal. When this happens, emergency brakes immediately kick in as a safety precaution. The affected train has to be reset causing an initial delay.

More software patches and hardware changes will continue to be made in the coming months, before SMRT moves entirely onto the new CBTC system at the end of May 2018.

GETTING TO ZERO TRAIN INCIDENTS

Mr Kuek said that the organisation is “gunning for zero safety breaches and zero delays of more than 30 minutes” but did not indicate a timeline as to when SMRT will realise this target.

However, SMRT has set the target of achieving 1 million in MKBF by 2020. Calling this a "bold" target, Mr Kuek said this works out to an average of less than one delay lasting more than five minutes each month, based on the estimation that trains on the NSL travel about 900,000km a month.

Two incidents in 2017, Mr Kuek said, shook public confidence in train safety and reliability - flooding in the Bishan-Braddell tunnel and a collision at Joo Koon MRT station.

“Both incidents were most regrettable, and gave us cause to pause, reflect on shortcomings and resolve to do better to address underlying discipline and process issues that led to the breaches,” he said.

Last year, there were nine incidents that lasted more than 30 mins, excluding CBTC-related delays. This is three fewer than in 2016, SMRT said.

“Our goal is to reduce any delay to less than five minutes and in the worst, ensure that it does not last longer than 30 minutes. It is these major incidents, lasting longer than 30 minutes that we must strenuously avoid,” Mr Kuek said.

Singapore Management University transport economist Terence Fan said that the goal of achieving 1 million in MKBF is "not entirely impossible but at the same time not something SMRT has done before".

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...dents-10082722

Another FAKE NEWS by SMRT ? Why now only count 30 mins as a disruption ? I thought LTA said 10 mins is considered disruptions and announcement need to be made ? You think we commuters are stupid or what ? A delay is still a delay . No doubt about that .

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

warboi

Craz78

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1