The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Old 28-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 7 / Power: 0
singlad is Cool - loads of Potential
Re: Any one try at Yangoon -Myammar before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Dont worry, you can book double occupancy with 1 name. If they do ask, tell them u are not sure who is your mate for the nite..

Yangon is very safe. This country is still using a cash transaction system ie no checks, no credit card.

Share with you a story. My company recently purchased a new Pajero 4D for my MD. The price in Myanmar is around USD320,000 ( due to taxes). Imagine the most common denomination is 1000kyats ( around USD1). We actually used 1 car to carry 21 PP plastic sacks of money to buy this Pajero.

When we arrive at the dealership, we were ushered in a room. There were 6 staff waiting to count the money. They took 2 hours.

All these while, from our office to the dealership, no bodyguard is required.

If u rob a rich looking people in Myanmar, u can expect to get much cash . Everyone carries cash there.
Thanks for your reply. I have a few more questions which I hope you can provide some answers.
1) Is it advisable to carry mostly US$ instead of Kyats since it is less bulky?
2) Does the average Burmese accept the US$ for purchases and is it legal to use US$ there?
3) Where is the best place to buy kyats ?
4) What do you do with the excess kyats before you leave Myanmar, can we change it back to US$ at close to the rate we buy?
5) Is it advisable to carry my passport at all times with me for checks by authorities ?
6) Is there any black areas that we should avoid while in Yangon and other popular tourist towns there?

I am grateful for your kind advice. Thank you.
Old 28-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 13 / Power: 0
bobostar01 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

My view,
You can carry both US $ and kyats. But it's illegal to accept US$ from tourist. Once you arrive to YGN airport, there is a Foreign exchange counter (open by government) Tourist must change minimum 300$ or something like that with US$ equivalent special note called FEC. You can sell them back once you reach your hotel reception. You no need to go around and ask people for the money changer as there is none. It's illegal to buy dollar from tourist but you can change every where. But remember you have to pay hotel charges with US$ or FEC.
You no need to carry around your passport as you need to give at the hotel.
There are some black area for foreigners. Like you go Aung San Suu Kyi house . But not alot.
You can change back to dollar when you go back. Just easily ask the reception counter (price may be abit different but it's not much)
Like "pearl" say, it's very safe in Myanmar. Much much better than malaysia.

Good luck bro
Old 29-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 243 / Power: 19
mormor is a Helpful and Caring Samstermormor is a Helpful and Caring Samstermormor is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
U can get gals EASILY. Just point and they will come

I wouldnt call fishing, I usually refer to it as hunting expedition. We are the hunted.
but what u said is true, now also a bit boring liao, everywhere is the same, same hole, same fj. hahahaha. but always excited when going to new place, hope its a fruitful trip(although i have prepared the worst),hehehe, by the way, visa is damn hassle, was at sin myanmar embassy for visa application, was rejected cos they need me to write a composition on why im going to myanmar, grrrrrrrrrr, wth, dam jialat, really spoil my mood, further more my apec card is useless there, sianzzzz

Last edited by mormor; 29-09-2010 at 01:23 AM. Reason: add
Old 29-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1458 / Power: 21
Pearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlad View Post
Thanks for your reply. I have a few more questions which I hope you can provide some answers.
1) Is it advisable to carry mostly US$ instead of Kyats since it is less bulky?
2) Does the average Burmese accept the US$ for purchases and is it legal to use US$ there?
3) Where is the best place to buy kyats ?
4) What do you do with the excess kyats before you leave Myanmar, can we change it back to US$ at close to the rate we buy?
5) Is it advisable to carry my passport at all times with me for checks by authorities ?
6) Is there any black areas that we should avoid while in Yangon and other popular tourist towns there?

I am grateful for y;ur kind advice. Thank you.
Hope these helped:

1) Carry USD la.. Ks too bulky. Change as u need.
2) All transaction in Ks. Only major outlets accept USD like hotels.
3) Best place is to change at Panorama Hotel lobby. If not too much, just change at your hotel. Difference is not much and its much more convenient.
4) Excess Ks u keep lo or donate. I know Parkroyal doesnt change it back for you.
5) No need to bring passport out.
6) All area are safe but dont go gung-ho and walk into an unlighted street. If intuition screams BEWARE, just dont do it.

If I forgot to return your points, please pm me your latest post link hor. Thanks
Old 29-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Samster

Pearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud ofPearl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobostar01 View Post
My view,
You can carry both US $ and kyats. But it's illegal to accept US$ from tourist. Once you arrive to YGN airport, there is a Foreign exchange counter (open by government) Tourist must change minimum 300$ or something like that with US$ equivalent special note called FEC. You can sell them back once you reach your hotel reception. You no need to go around and ask people for the money changer as there is none. It's illegal to buy dollar from tourist but you can change every where. But remember you have to pay hotel charges with US$ or FEC.
You no need to carry around your passport as you need to give at the hotel.
There are some black area for foreigners. Like you go Aung San Suu Kyi house . But not alot.
You can change back to dollar when you go back. Just easily ask the reception counter (price may be abit different but it's not much)
Like "pearl" say, it's very safe in Myanmar. Much much better than malaysia.

Good luck bro
Bro.. Dont have to change into FEC. NOT A REQUIREMENT.

I never changed once into FEC. How it looks like I also dont know. By the way. 1 USD = 1 FEC.

If u change at airport, they might use official Government FEC rate which is FEC 1 = 6 Ks. Outside rate is USD 1 = 970ks ( yesterday rate). Change FEC liao sure regret like hell.

There is a lot of money changers in Yangon. Mostly located in Chinatown. For convenience sake, change in Hotel.

If I forgot to return your points, please pm me your latest post link hor. Thanks
Old 29-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormor View Post
but what u said is true, now also a bit boring liao, everywhere is the same, same hole, same fj. hahahaha. but always excited when going to new place, hope its a fruitful trip(although i have prepared the worst),hehehe, by the way, visa is damn hassle, was at sin myanmar embassy for visa application, was rejected cos they need me to write a composition on why im going to myanmar, grrrrrrrrrr, wth, dam jialat, really spoil my mood, further more my apec card is useless there, sianzzzz
Singapore embassy is the most troublesome. But as long as you get the Visa, its ok liao.

Boring or not, u will know when u reach there.

Myanmar is a nice place.. just know that this country is under-developed. It looks like Sg in the 60s

Old 29-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Samster

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1987 / Power: 19
havana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant future
Unhappy Re: Any one try at Yangoon -Myammar before

Quote:
by the way, visa is damn hassle, was at sin myanmar embassy for visa application, was rejected cos they need me to write a composition on why im going to myanmar, grrrrrrrrrr, wth, dam jialat, really spoil my mood,
Oh my god!!!!Write composition of how many words???? So did they reject yr application on the spot?
但是我的问题是...我没钱
Old 29-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 23 / Power: 0
AMAZONBOY deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
visa is damn hassle, was at sin myanmar embassy for visa application, was rejected cos they need me to write a composition on why im going to myanmar, grrrrrrrrrr, wth, dam jialat, really spoil my mood,

You can always use travel agent in Singapore, HK, or Bangkok to get Myanmar visa. The agents collect passports and apply in bulk numbers, and these agents are very close to these visa issuers, in BKK, they even have expensive same day service. I think the VOA will be back after the junta winning the election by big margin as expected.
Old 30-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 57 / Power: 16
lucky23 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

just write a paragraph say you want to visit the golden pragoda..from when to when (date) that it.. i written twice for VOA..

but the third time cannot use tourist visa... must use another way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAZONBOY View Post
You can always use travel agent in Singapore, HK, or Bangkok to get Myanmar visa. The agents collect passports and apply in bulk numbers, and these agents are very close to these visa issuers, in BKK, they even have expensive same day service. I think the VOA will be back after the junta winning the election by big margin as expected.
Old 30-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 7 / Power: 0
singlad is Cool - loads of Potential

Quote:
Hope these helped:

1) Carry USD la.. Ks too bulky. Change as u need.
2) All transaction in Ks. Only major outlets accept USD like hotels.
3) Best place is to change at Panorama Hotel lobby. If not too much, just change at your hotel. Difference is not much and its much more convenient.
4) Excess Ks u keep lo or donate. I know Parkroyal doesnt change it back for you.
5) No need to bring passport out.
6) All area are safe but dont go gung-ho and walk into an unlighted street. If intuition screams BEWARE, just dont do it.
Thank you very much for your enlightenment..
Old 03-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 243 / Power: 19
mormor is a Helpful and Caring Samstermormor is a Helpful and Caring Samstermormor is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by havana View Post
Oh my god!!!!Write composition of how many words???? So did they reject yr application on the spot?
hi bro, i wont say its reject la, u muz have all the things they required to be in place, if not they wont even allow you to submit, even the clerk attending to me say its BO LIAO requirement from their govt, luckily mine is only tourist visa,if business visa i think lagi jialat.

he wanted a namecard rom me, have to write a letter(composition ) on why youu are visiting them, roughly from when to when, juz something like that.,

luckily for me everything is ok after 3 days, manage to collect the visa, myanmar here i come on monday, hehehe
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Samster

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1987 / Power: 19
havana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant futurehavana has a brilliant future

Quote:
hi bro, i wont say its reject la, u muz have all the things they required to be in place, if not they wont even allow you to submit, even the clerk attending to me say its BO LIAO requirement from their govt, luckily mine is only tourist visa,if business visa i think lagi jialat.

he wanted a namecard rom me, have to write a letter(composition ) on why youu are visiting them, roughly from when to when, juz something like that.,

luckily for me everything is ok after 3 days, manage to collect the visa, myanmar here i come on monday, hehehe
Tks for yr info. I think i will just ask one of the travel agency @ peninsula plaza to do it for me. Save my leave and time Anyway, they only charge $50 for it.
但是我的问题是...我没钱
Old 04-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1105 / Power: 16
Longitude has much to be proud ofLongitude has much to be proud ofLongitude has much to be proud ofLongitude has much to be proud ofLongitude has much to be proud ofLongitude has much to be proud ofLongitude has much to be proud ofLongitude has much to be proud ofLongitude has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by havana View Post
Tks for yr info. I think i will just ask one of the travel agency @ peninsula plaza to do it for me. Save my leave and time Anyway, they only charge $50 for it.
An excellent idea. I will do likewise. Anyway when do you plan to go?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Samster

Quote:

Hope to see your report and comments regarding Myanmar when u come back..

Old 05-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longitude View Post
An excellent idea. I will do likewise. Anyway when do you plan to go?
Try to stay away from Myanmar at least until 2 weeks after election.

Came back recently and noticed a heightened sense of tension in this city. More armed military monitoring in the streets.

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1