The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 30-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 338 / Power: 21
tokkon1 is one of the Best!tokkon1 is one of the Best!tokkon1 is one of the Best!tokkon1 is one of the Best!
Re: Aftermath in Phuket

Animation of the tsunami. Seems like it hits 1st Sumatra, then Phuket, Penang after which Sri Lanka then India. If someone have presence of mind to call Sri Lanka , India etc since the tsunami hits them couple of hrs after Thailand and Malaysia were hit, perhaps many lives cud hv been saved.

http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/tsunami/Mov/TITOV-INDO2004.mov
Old 31-12-2004, 09:01 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 475 / Power: 21
natto3 is a glorious beacon of lightnatto3 is a glorious beacon of lightnatto3 is a glorious beacon of lightnatto3 is a glorious beacon of lightnatto3 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassina2
Natto, glad that you were not on the beach that morning.

The town is totally safe with the mountains protecting it from the Andaman sea.

I am also glad that although my friends sufferred financial losses of their properties, none of them sufferred loss of life of their families.

Even a cute girl I know who was in Khao Luk (one of worst hit places) was lucky to be in her office on the hill when it happened and she sufferred no damage on herself too. Lucky her but not for a couple of thousand other people from all over Thailand and the rest of the World.

Whatever, I am going to Bangkok tomorrow for the NY and until the 4th. I need to let out some steam to close off this year!

And, I will go to Phuket in Feb during CNY.
catch you there during cny. i try ticket now. have fun and happy new year.
Old 31-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 287 / Power: 23
sassina2 is one of the Best!sassina2 is one of the Best!sassina2 is one of the Best!

Happy New Year to all of you here too! (from Bangkok!)
Old 04-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Samster

Location: Shanghai - Where boobies and pussies comes with a price.
My Reputation: Points: 604 / Power: 21
OceanEleven is a name known to allOceanEleven is a name known to allOceanEleven is a name known to allOceanEleven is a name known to allOceanEleven is a name known to allOceanEleven is a name known to all

Quote:
Happy New Year to all of you here too! (from Bangkok!)
Is BKK affected by this tragedy? Or just as jam and pack as ever?
Old 05-01-2005, 05:39 AM
Samster

sassina2 is one of the Best!sassina2 is one of the Best!sassina2 is one of the Best!

bangkok ran almost full during the New Year !
1) Lots of refugees (tourists) from the Tsunami areas seeking aid from their embassies, hospitals etc.

2) Lots of normal year end tourists and even more as many diverted from disaster areas.

Despite the early closing hours and 3 days of mourning, most entertainment joints opened late and some till 6am on NY's eve. No regrets to be in Thailand to spend NY Holidays for me and my friend.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Samster

OceanEleven is a name known to allOceanEleven is a name known to allOceanEleven is a name known to allOceanEleven is a name known to allOceanEleven is a name known to allOceanEleven is a name known to all

Quote:
Despite the early closing hours and 3 days of mourning, most entertainment joints opened late and some till 6am on NY's eve. No regrets to be in Thailand to spend NY Holidays for me and my friend.
Seems that now has one less option and BKK will be more packed than ever, wonder will the price increase, now demand more than supply.......
Old 06-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 26 / Power: 0
fandi deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

natto3,
r u the one who recommending casa summerbreeze nearby patong
beach to fellow samsters here?
if yes, any news about the staffs there? and also the boss lester?

hope they're all ok.......
Old 07-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 939 / Power: 21
gigantic_tk is a splendid one to beholdgigantic_tk is a splendid one to beholdgigantic_tk is a splendid one to beholdgigantic_tk is a splendid one to beholdgigantic_tk is a splendid one to beholdgigantic_tk is a splendid one to beholdgigantic_tk is a splendid one to beholdgigantic_tk is a splendid one to behold

Many hotels on Thailand's west coast have been badly affected by the devastating Tsunami waves that struck shores on 26 Dec 2004, Sunday morning.

Below is a complete update of many of the hotels in the areas worst affected. It is important to remember that hotels on Thailand's East coast on the Gulf of Siam have not been affected, so hotels on Koh Samui, in Hua Hin, Cha-Am, Pattaya etc are all fucntioning as normal without any affects caused by the Tsunami.

PHUKET HOTEL STATUS
Amanpuri The flooding destroyed the gym, beach and tour counters.
Amari Coral Beach Closed until further notice
Andaman Seaview Can operate with normal power and water supply, operating normally
Baan Thai Beach Resort Closed until further notice
Banyan Tree Operating normally, except beach restaurant
Burasari Closed until further notice
Cape Panwa The hotel only has minor damages to the beach and the road in front of the hotel (barely noticeable.)
Central Karon Village The flooding did not affect the hotel at all. The hotel operates as normal.
Club Andaman Beach Resort A few rental restaurants in the front of the hotel are totally demolished. The pool is closed and being repaired at the moment. The bungalows were partially flooded but people are now moving back in.
Chedi The swimming pool is damaged along with all the beach front bungalows and the beach restaurant.
Duangjitt Resort The big swimming pool is closed along with some rooms on the first floor.
Dusit Laguna All the rooms on the first floor, the swimming pool and two of restaurant (Italian/ Seafood) took a direct hit. The activities areas are gone and all the rooms on the 1st floor are closed. Everything else at the hotel is operating as usual.
Evason Phuket The pier was destroyed and the beach is ruined but the flood did not affect the hotel at all.
Felix Karon The flooding did not affect the hotel at all.
Hilton Phuket Arcadia The “Zen” Japanese restaurant is closed because of the damages as well as the staff parking lot. However, the flood did not affect the hotel at all since it is in the same shape as it was before the flood.
Holiday Inn Closed, can not accommodate any guests until Feb 28th
Horizon Beach Resort Closed until further notice
Impiana 100% damage, closed until further notice
JW Marriott No structural damage or fatalities, but swimming pool, pool bar and beachfront restaurant temporarily closed
Karon Beach Resort Closed until further notice
Kata Beach Resort Partially damaged (swimming pool, beachfront area, some seaview rooms)
Katathani Bhuri Operating normally
Katathani Thani Damage on ground floor rooms, garden and swimming pool area. Guests occupying ground floor rooms have been offered a move to Katathani Bhuri
Laguna Beach Resort The 1st Floor of the hotel is damaged (swimming pool, rooms, etc.) They have, however, moved their clients to the south wing or to 2nd – 4th Floors.
Laguna Phuket Operating normally
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort No water and power supply
Marina Phuket Operating normally except “On the rock” restaurant
Merlin Beach Resort Closed until further notice
Novotel Coralia Operating normally
Orchidacea OK (located on higher level)
Patong Beach Hotel Closed until further notice
Patong Lodge Hotel Operating normally
Patong Merlin All bookings cancelled until further notice
Peach Hill Hotel & Resort Operating normally
Pearl Village Moderately affected, will be back in operation within 3 days.
Phuket Merlin Is safe, but cannot accommodate any additional bookings
Phuket Orchid The flooding did not affect the hotel at all. Operating as normal.
Royal Paradise Operating normally except the road at the front of the hotel is damaged.
Sabana The flooding came up to the parking lot and destroyed the office. The rest is still in place.
Seaview Patong 100% damage, closed for at least 7 months
Sheraton Grande Laguna The only damage is on the beach and the beachfront restaurant.
Southsea Karon Beach OK
Thavorn Beach Village & Spa The bungalows are all damaged. Their two restaurants, Marisa and Old Siam, are wrecked. They are serving 3 meals at the lobby village club and their clients are staying in the Ocean View Villas.
Trisara Minor damage on beach pool and a few beachside sundeck lounges. Otherwise operating normally.
Twinpalms No damage, no fatalities. Operating normally

PHANG NGA HOTEL STATUS

Anantara Royal Coco Palm Totally destroyed
Khao Lak Orchid Beach Resort Closed until further notice
Khao Lak Sunset Closed until further notice
Mukdara Closed until further notice
Paradise Koh Yao OK, no damage and no fatalities
Southsea Pakarang Closed until further notice

KRABI HOTEL STATUS

Andaman Holiday Operating normally, except Beach pool, beach bar and “on the rock” restaurant. Two other pools are open and one restaurant is still operating.
Ao Nang Villa Operating normally
Krabi Resort Operating normally
Krabi Thai village Operating normally
Phranang Inn Only “Phranang Kitchen” is temporarily closed until further notice. Otherwise operating normally
Rayavadee Closed until further notice
Sheraton Krabi Operating normally

PHI PHI HOTEL STATUS

Bayview No water and power supply due to damaged generators and the beachfront restaurant is closed at the moment
Holiday Inn Phi Phi Only minor damages, but the hotel is suffering from a lack of food and drinking water
Phi Phi Charlie Closed until further notice
Phi Phi Erawan Palm Still operating with beach side damage. The hotel is considering closing.
Phi Phi Island Cabana Closed until further notice because of complete lack of water and power supplies.
Phi Phi Island Village Air conditioning at the beachfront villas is broken. Some guests have moved to Krabi or Phuket, most guests at hillside villas have decided to stay
Phi Phi Natural The resort was only slightly damaged.
Phi Phi Princess Closed until further notice
Phi Phi Tonsai Closed until further notice because of complete lack of water and power supplies.

LANTA HOTEL STATUS

Pimalai Resort & Spa Operating normally except 7 beach villas and “Rak Talay Restaurant”
Royal Lanta Slight damage in the kitchen area and the pool. Other then this operating normally.
Southern Lanta Damaged in beach area and beach bar. The accommodation is operating as per normal.
Twin Bay Resort Closed, no cancellation charges and full refund of all deposits.
Twin Lotus 100% damaged, closed for the remaining season

gigantic_tk
Old 09-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Samster

Bro Natto3,

The late owner of Timber Rock Khun A died in the Tsunami and his younger brother is now running the place. We really hope it will be as good a before if not better because Khun A was quite special as the owner.

His story goes this way:

He was out at Surin Island on a dive trip.

That morning the main party left by boat to dive and he stayed back to have an extra coffee with another farang diver chap.

They noticed the water recede and decided to go up the hill behind them. Halfway up the hill, he remembered his cellphone, wallet and car keys and went back down to get it from the tent.

The wave came and got him when he was down there.

Surely there will be other stories of other people that we know etc. Hopefully less will be better than more!
Old 10-01-2005, 12:44 AM
Samster

May their souls rest in peace.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Samster

natto3 is a glorious beacon of lightnatto3 is a glorious beacon of lightnatto3 is a glorious beacon of lightnatto3 is a glorious beacon of lightnatto3 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Bro Natto3,

The late owner of Timber Rock Khun A died in the Tsunami and his younger brother is now running the place. We really hope it will be as good a before if not better because Khun A was quite special as the owner.

His story goes this way:

He was out at Surin Island on a dive trip.

That morning the main party left by boat to dive and he stayed back to have an extra coffee with another farang diver chap.

They noticed the water recede and decided to go up the hill behind them. Halfway up the hill, he remembered his cellphone, wallet and car keys and went back down to get it from the tent.

The wave came and got him when he was down there.

Surely there will be other stories of other people that we know etc. Hopefully less will be better than more!
bro sassina, i got the news already as you said. pity, he was a friendly guy who also owned the pub in the ocean shopping center. there are another couple of friends that i have'nt been able to contact, god i hope that they r ok.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandi
natto3,
r u the one who recommending casa summerbreeze nearby patong
beach to fellow samsters here?
if yes, any news about the staffs there? and also the boss lester?

hope they're all ok.......
brother fandi, if i'm not wrong lester tried to sell his hotel last year in may and i think he was about to pen the deal. last i heard he bought a piece of land in rawai. i tried to call him but the reply is always that the no is not on the new gsm waveband. i have'nt been back to phuket yet, so i can't really asses the damage first hand. my place is in town so it's ok, i hope the quake did'nt shake it too much. thanks bro.
Old 25-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
landmarq2003 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

actually phuket is not that badly affected like wat the media say.. i wonder whether the rates for the WLs have dropped now..
Old 12-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by landmarq2003
actually phuket is not that badly affected like wat the media say.. i wonder whether the rates for the WLs have dropped now..

The market is softer now but rates you are quoted in Phuket town e.g. Rome Hotel 4th floor is still ST2k and LT4k.

I had a 21yr old sweetie (special order via local contact) for 3.5k LT.

Did not check out the beerbar farang scene but it looks pretty normal and I can say that the whole island is alive and kicking back! With special fares and hotel deals, Phuket is surely on the mend!
Old 12-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Samster

yeah, you're right bro sassina, i think phuket is happening again. there are many promotion till next month at least. even the women!
the worst hit area was actually khao luk which is about 100km north of phuket. it was a relatively new area and the damage was tremendous. banyan tree suffered hardly any damage at all. i heard that only the sheraton laguna and the beach stalls suffered seveare damage. people in the pool rooms did not know the enormity of the situiation till later. when you back?
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1