The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 25-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 776 / Power: 19
KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Cool Katoeys ( Part 2 )

.............continued (Part 2 ) ..............

What do I need to know about katoeys?
Any *real sexy* glammed-up mini-dressed howlingly sexy women are probably male... but the chances are that you may never know as they come in 3 flavors (believe me!!!)

1. Ladyboy. No op at the top or bottom
2. Top op. Tits (brilliant ones usually!) and a dick.
3. Full op. Top and bottom.

Ladyboys are the same as boys or ladies.... EXCEPT that everything is intensified... I mean... what hopes and expectations do YOU have? What do THEY have? Marry? Kids? Family and future? They cling to affection, and are loving and faithful (well, mostly!) at the show of it, and sensitive and over-reactive at the lack of it. The quickest way to get a black eye in BKK is to take the piss out of a katoey. If not a black eye, then beer all down you and a LOT of shouting!

Stay graceful! If one throws him/herself all over you... don't be disdainful or mocking. No matter how homophobic a person is, unless they're an utter asshole, there is room for a gentle, smiling denial. Don't degrade yourself by being afraid or dismissive. They're people... much as you or I... that is, unless YOU'RE an asshole, in which case I'll be dismissive and mocking of you.
I'd always heard they were vicious and would beat the crap out of you, but this is not true. They can have definite mood swings and because of that can be vicious, I suppose. If you are up & up with them & treat them nice then you will not get the 'crap beat out of you'.

Then again, there are other hard liners who will say that the whole point is to bargain them down. To win a market negotiation. To throw it in their face that, no matter how much they spent on the surgery; no matter how much they spend on hairdressers and makeup, no matter how many hours they spend preening and grooming.... they still have less of a vagina than that of any provincial dog-ugly real girl. One who can naturally lubricate, and should get paid accordingly. Or better yet, get left behind on the dance floor. Let them screw each other, like they are used to doing. I personally do not feel this strongly but it has to be said that there is nothing like feeling your barfine's hard-on through her jeans.

So how do I recognize katoeys?
Of course it is considered indelicate going up to a girl and asking...
"Oi, you! You a katoey or what?" So how do you find out then? The only reliable way (and its not consistently reliable) is to grope them a bit BEFORE you're committed. If they are coy about it... katoey. There again, have you ever known a bargirl to be COY? Not shy or modest... but under the table, out of sight, when no one's looking sort-of-coy?
Of course this is assuming that they still have their genitals intact! I have seen katoeys dancing on a bar bottomless and guys are eating their "pussy".

How are you going to tell by groping?
If you pay attention, big hands, big feet, Adam's apple, sort of falsetto voice and a cutesy name "Melanie, Tiffany, etc." you will be able to spot them.

I have an advantage in as much as I like really petite girls... damn few katoeys under 5' tall. On one of my earliest visits to BKK, my sweetie of the moment was professionally offended when I failed to detect a mixed gender dancer... She dragged me around the rest of the night saying: "This one, man, woman?" until my successful ID rate went from the initial 10% up to 80% or so. Once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy to tell. After a couple more years in the scene, for the last 20% or so (the ones that it would take a DNA test to tell), I finally decided- "who cares". If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck (and gives great head), then it must be a "girl".

A real test in Bangkok is to deal with a katoey as "she". The real katoeys (what the in the west is called a post-op TS) have chosen to be women; it's a hard road, and there's nothing to be gained by dissing them. I find it much easier to just think of my katoey friends as women, and not dwell too long on how they got there. If you find one that hasn't suffered too much abuse down that road, they can be really fun: pretty, feminine, and generally more intelligent than the average bar girl. I wouldn't always choose one for a bed partner, but they can be great party companions!

........ to be continued ( Part 3 )...................
Old 25-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Samster

KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Cool Katoeys ( Part 3 )

............. continued (Part 3).............

Should I warn people when they are chatting up katoey?
One time, I did it. I was at a late-night outdoor restaurant in Chiang Mai, watching an innocent, Midwestern looking guy in a tête-à-tête with a katoey. I knew he was in for a big unwanted surprise, and when he/she went to the bathroom, I told the guy. He thanked me profusely, and ten minutes later a full glass of Sprite was poured over my head. Long discussions ensued among my friends and bargirl companions. The Thai take is, it's none of your business. I think I was lucky to get away with only getting wet, and not cut or otherwise assaulted. I'm still not completely sure what is the right thing to do. I just feel like if it were me, I would like someone to let me in on the secret before I ended up in bed with a guy.

I felt a kinship with my fellow hound and thought I was doing him a service, even though I had never met him.

Big mistake! He could have been looking for a katoey, knew she was a katoey and didn't mind, knew her from past interaction and liked the interaction with the katoey, you never know. Her anger could have led to a more serious retribution.

Consulting a friend of mine on the issue (whose wife is a "woman by choice, rather than birth") - he said they could get very nasty about people interfering with their 'work'.

In Bangkok, don't be distracted by the women in Bobby's Deli across the road from Thermae. They are drop dead gorgeous...and are all men. (Well... male-ish in distant origin!) If you are happy here, go for it! The "katoeys" are probably the most glam and Westernised-looking... some real stunners. Tight dresses and high heels. The bargirls go straight into jeans (V. tight ones!) when they finish. They look for all the world like sexy schoolgirls taking a break (probably, they ARE!)

As a rule I keep to myself. Winding up with a katoey is not the worst thing that could happen to a guy and makes for some humorous stories once the guy gets home. He'll know next time to check the sex. If you don't want someone with the same tool kit as yourself check out the toolbox. This can be done as part of the evening interaction, reaching down and giving a squeeze. Sometimes the toolkit has been removed and then you just have to rely on experience. Remember even old Bangkok hands are not accurate all the time. Sometimes it doesn't even matter. When in doubt and knowing that it might gross you out, leave and hit on someone else, there are plenty of real women in BKK.

Granted the "ladyboy" issue, ahem, skirts a fine line. I suspect MOST of us, though probably not all would prefer real female company and heterosexual monkey business only. But a katoey's commitment to their role is pretty complete and often convincing. The especially attractive ones seem to be a litmus test for us in the areas of tolerance, sexual ambivalence and homophobia. To each their own.

I know I don't mind hanging with the ladyboys, the non-larcenous ones can be fun. They're everywhere the farang tourists are & I don't see how one could enjoy spending any time at all in Thailand if one hated them.

At first I had read about the ladyboys and was on the lookout for them. I wasn't going to fly 8,200 miles to have sex with the Thai version of Ru-Paul. But even armed with this knowledge, I wasn't prepared for HOW MANY ladyboys there are over there and how tricky it can be to spot them. Jesus!

One night in King's Castle III in Patpong (or was it Queen's Castle III--the Singha played tricks with my memory), a very beautiful creature sat next to me and started the standard bargirl "interview". "Hello, what your name? Where you flom? You here work or holiday? Cola for me?". And I started to get a strange feeling about this person. Another girl (and this one was obviously ALL GIRL) sat down on the other side of me and I asked her if the one on my left was a ladyboy. She looked puzzled, so I said "katoey?" She busted out laughing. Yes, this was a ladyboy. Meanwhile, the katoey is whispering to me "I want to go with you -- sucking, massage, fucking -- I can make you come". The one on my right (the female) pulled her bikini top open and invited me to feel up her tits. Well, I paid this girl's bar fine, not only because she was a doll and did have some marvelous tits, but I wanted to get the fuck away from this katoey without making him/her "lose face".

In the cab back to my hotel, the girl told me that the ladyboy asked her when she was changing if I had figured out that she was (or used to be) a he. She said no, no, no problem, again, so he wouldn't lose face. Weird scene, isn't it? I told my girl that I thought I had spotted three katoeys in the place, and she said, "We have six working there."

As I have said, look for that Adam's apple, my friends. Listen to the voice. Look closely at the bone structure of the wrists and hands. And if in doubt, ask the mamasan, or just tell her, you don't mess with ladyboys. Because, god bless them, they are ALL OVER Thailand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Where to find them?After this article you might be interested in meeting some katoeys, if so check out some of these places: Casanova , Obsessions (NEP) , Kings Castle 3 , Kings Corner & Super Pussy (Patpong) , New Duck a GoGo (Soi Cowboy) , Soi Katoey (Patong, Phuket) , Lucky and Lucky 2 (Chiang Mai) .

Other places are the cabaret shows, e.g. Calypso in the basement of Asia Hotel
Old 25-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Samster

Cool Thailand's "Women of the Second Kind" (Part 1)

Thailand's "Women of the Second Kind"
Transvestism is a common enough feature of Thai society, but one which is often little considered and less understood. Practically every town in Thailand has at least two or three open transvestites - men who dress as women and assume - or are born with - feminine characteristics. Indeed, so common is the phenomenon that it has assumed a semi-institutionalised status, with transvestites working not just where one might expect - in bars, reviews and theatres - but also in restaurants and post offices, department stores and travel agencies.

Transvestites appear regularly in Thai television serials, and not just as objects of derision. In Thai soap operas the phenomenon is usually treated as a normal part of every day life. For example, a family may have two daughters and two sons, one of whom is a transvestite. Such a scenario - which would be treated either as a farce or a tragedy in the West - tends to be downplayed in Thailand; quite often the transvestism portrayed may have no bearing on the central theme at all.

Of course, transvestism isn't a purely Thai phenomenon. There are plenty of "cross-dressers" in western societies, many of whom are now declaring themselves openly. There are transvestite clubs, special shops catering to those who require outsize female attire, and even cross-dressing weekend package tours.

In Thailand, by contrast, none of this is really necessary. Transvestites - known colloquially as kathoey - don't need to come out of the closet. Cross-dressing isn't something to be revealed only at weekends or at special gatherings. Most Thai kathoey make no attempt to conceal who or what they are. On the contrary, they flaunt it - from their dress, through their effeminate mannerisms, to their very speech patterns [using feminine personal pronouns like di-chan for "I" and the polite feminine participle ka (jiao in the north) instead of the usual male krap].

Perhaps it is this openness - the relative tolerance of Thai society for transvestism - that accounts for the high profile adopted by many kathoey in Thailand. Perhaps, too, looked at from a purely subjective standpoint, it is the comparative success of many Thai kathoey in achieving the desired metamorphosis. Often Thai transvestite males tend to be androgynous - small-boned, smooth, naturally graceful in a way that must excite a mixture of envy and despair in their broader, heavier and hairier western counterparts.

It seems probable that this very success encourages Thai kathoey - not, in any case, usually the most retiring of people - to disport and display themselves so openly. They often are very beautiful, and sometimes indistinguishable from "the real thing". By contrast, very few western transvestites can aspire to being taken for a woman. Of course they realise this, and the knowledge often causes a contrasting lack of self-confidence and an unwillingness to appear "cross-dressed" before an unsympathetic public. It also seems probable that many Thai transvestites - in apparent contrast to their Western counterparts - are genuine transsexuals, or people born with female psyches in male bodies.

The use of the term kathoey is thought to date back at least several centuries, suggesting a substantial but unrecorded history of transvestism (and, no doubt, of associated homosexuality) in Thailand. The prevalence of transvestism in rural areas is attested to by the frequency and popularity of transvestite beauty contests at village fairs and festivals. These beauty contests are held across the country, and although a source of entertainment and amusement, are still taken very seriously. In the past, high camp may perhaps have been limited to the role of female impersonators in likay folk operas, though this tradition may more properly be likened to that of drag queens in European pantomime.

During this century, at least, it seems clear that the term kathoey has come specifically to denote effeminate cross-dressers, being associated with transvestites who play a strongly and exclusively feminine role. It may also be inaccurately applied, usually in a derogatory way, to passive male homosexuals ("Gay Queens", in the Thai vernacular) who are not transvestites at all. In contradistinction, male homosexuals or bisexuals who play an exclusively active sexual role (so-called "Gay Kings") are never categorised as kathoey.

In a further and elaborate differentiation between active and passive homosexuals, the former are also known as phuchai tem tua, or "complete men" - despite their homosexuality - whilst the latter, the passive gays, are disparaged as phuying praphet ti sorng - "women of the second type". These terms are clearly indicative of Thai society's comparatively easy acceptance of active male sexuality (be it aimed in whatever direction). By contrast, the feminine, passive gay - especially if a transvestite as well - is viewed with some disdain. The term kathoey , therefore, indicates a lack of sympathy - and when combined in Thai rhyming slang as kathoey-saloey is distinctly derogatory, something like the English term " fairy ", the Aussie " poofter ", or the American " faggot ".

Today transvestites are to be found at many levels of society. The old, rural tradition still flourishes - kathoey beauty contests are staged with enthusiasm at fairs and carnivals like, for example, the Lamphun Lamyai Festival in August, or the Phuket Vegetarian Festival each September.

.............. continued (Part 2).............
Old 25-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Samster

Cool Thailand's "Women of the Second Kind" (Part 2)

................. continued (Part 2) ...................

In the higher echelons of Thai society a handful of particularly feminine and socially skilled kathoey (who are usually transsexuals as well as transvestites) become fully accepted and nationally acclaimed as singers, actresses and even businesswomen. Such people are admired for their attainments and courage in much the same way as western transsexual intellectuals like Jan Morris. They are people who "come out of the closet" and make a success of the way they are. In Thailand, however, this admiration is both more genuine and more widespread than in the West, where admirers tend to be limited to the like-minded and to "politically correct" progressive circles.

Below this, yet in the same vein and very much a twentieth century refinement of the kathoey tradition, elaborate transvestite reviews are staged at venues like the Calypso in Bangkok and - especially - Tiffany's and Alcazar in Pattaya. These reviews owe more to Paris' Crazy Horse than to likay, and the transvestites who work in such venues are - at least for a few brief years - numbered amongst the glamorous superstars of their profession.

Further down the social scale, many kathoey work in the bar business. The best - most authentically feminine - of these may dance in upmarket Go-Go bars such as King's Corner in Patpong. Transvestites working in such up-market establishments are often transsexuals, paying for expensive sex-change operations (including, beside the complex basics, breast enhancement and excision of the Adam's apple), thus effectively becoming - at least in the eyes of transvestite society - "complete women".

Still lower down the scale, many kathoey work (at least part time) as freelance prostitutes and streetwalkers. There is little glamour or safety in such a lifestyle, and to the always-present threat of violence there must now be added the menace of AIDS. In this, at least, transvestite prostitutes face the same problems as their sexually-authentic sisters in the same line of work. Except in a few cases, their lives are dangerous, humiliating and ill-paid.

Of course, not all kathoey work as prostitutes, just as not all are sexually promiscuous. In general, however, Thai society - however sympathetic and understanding it may seem to the West - tends to view transvestites as an inferior (if amusing) sub-class. As such, the invidious term "women of the second type", which rather denigrates transvestites and indeed women in general, says much about the existing structure of sexual power in Thailand.

Thus, in general terms, active male homosexuals are usually considered to be really bisexual. The role they play is considered to be that of a "complete man" (exclusively active), they are capable of sexual relationships with either men or women, and as such they have freedom of choice and enjoy general respect. By contrast kathoey, or passive homosexuals, are considered to be phuying-manqué, women who missed their true role in life, sometimes known in Thai as lakka-phet - those who hide their real gender. Only effeminate homosexuals are denigrated as kathoey-saloey or "fairies", and by contrast with active male homosexuals they are definitely looked down on.

Interestingly, then, it seems that in Thailand it is not homosexuality itself which is disparaged, but effeminacy and passive homosexuality. In Thai society as a whole there may be a greater tolerance of bisexuality than in the West, but this is the privileged domain of the active male alone. By contrast, the kathoey is thought only to be able to obtain satisfaction by being the passive party. For this reason the kathoey is subordinate to and controlled by the active man.

This strange phenomenon - largely unknown in the West, where active and passive homosexuals are generally equally disparaged - suggests that the predominant pattern of male sexuality in Thailand is not so much anti-homosexual as anti-woman, in the sense that dominant male sexuality is implicitly regarded as being more valid than female sexuality. Consequently, it may be that kathoey - passive male transvestites - suffer less opprobrium from being homosexual than from their ascribed feminine status.

In other words, homosexuality, like heterosexuality, is still basically seen as a "man" sexually dominating a "woman", albeit a surrogate female or "woman of the second type". Of course, what "women of the first type" - that is, the real thing - think of this interpretation is another matter - but it should at least give pause for serious thought.
Old 25-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1440 / Power: 19
redlord has much to be proud ofredlord has much to be proud ofredlord has much to be proud ofredlord has much to be proud ofredlord has much to be proud ofredlord has much to be proud ofredlord has much to be proud ofredlord has much to be proud ofredlord has much to be proud ofredlord has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Anything & Everything About Thailand

Very good theards
Old 25-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Samster

Anything & Everything About Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlord
Very good theards
Bro Redlord,

Kop khun khrap !

Do you have anything to share about Thailand ? Please post it here
Old 25-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Samster

Cool Warning: alcohol, cold don't mix

Report from The Nation dated Sunday 25 December 2005 :-

Warning: alcohol, cold don't mix

The Public Health Ministry yesterday issued a warning on the potentially fatal effects of drinking alcohol to keep warm during the winter.

Dr Prat Bunyawongwiroj, Acting Permanent Secretary, said that alcohol affects blood circulation resulting in the heart having to work harder to distribute blood and increasing blood pressure. The ultimate consequence could be a stroke, which could be fatal at low room temperatures.

Although alcohol makes drinkers feel warm for a short while, it actually causes the body temperature to fall to a level lower than normal, which could be dangerous in the winter, he said.

Public Health Minister Pinij Charusombat said he had instructed public-health offices across the country to educate local residents on preventive measures against wintertime illnesses including pneumonia, influenza and diarrhoea.

Meanwhile, a survey of Chulalongkorn University students released yesterday revealed that more than 65 per cent of university students regularly drink alcohol, as do 40 per cent of high-school students.

Of the 500 university students polled, 328 of them said they were regular drinkers, said lecturer Amornwich Nakhonthap, director of the university's Child Watch programme, which conducted the survey. The average age at which those surveyed began drinking was 16, while the youngest reported age was eight.

Citing information from a 2004 survey, Amornwich said that 40 per cent of junior high-school students surveyed admitted to drinking regularly and another 23 per cent said they smoked.

He added that according to a Criminal Court analysis alcohol contributed to 59 per cent of crimes involving damage to property, 34 per cent of sex crimes (plus 10 per cent of rapes) and 20 per cent of assaults.

He said Child Watch found that more than 9,000 students under the age of 25 had been involved in road accidents while under the influence of alcohol. The total number of road accidents caused by intoxicated people in Thailand reached 13,000 this year, injuring more than 270,000 people.
Old 26-12-2005, 02:25 AM
Samster

Cool Secrets of Thai bar girl pay revealed

Secrets of Thai bar girl pay revealed

How much do Thai bar girls get paid? Here are their terms and conditions - plus those of brothel workers and massage girls too. The benefits package isn't very tempting but, on the plus side, they meet lots of interesting new people and get laid all the time.

Bar girls

Bar girls' salaries range from 2,000 to 6,000 baht per month. Here are some of their work rules :-

* Only two days off permitted a month, or they must pay 300 baht a day for extra leave days.
* No leave permitted on Fridays, Saturdays and national holidays. Otherwise, fines range from 500 to 1,000 baht a day.
* Must go out with the clients four to 10 times a month or pay fine of 500 baht for each missed quota.
* Must sell 80-100 drinks to clients or pay 30 baht a drink for the missed quota.
* Must have health check-up every three months. If the blood test is positive for sexually transmitted diseases, they will not get the salary for that month.
* Must wear the outfits arranged by the bars or pay the fine of 100 to 200 baht.
* Must not use the clients' restrooms.
* Must not eat during work hours.
* Must buy own drinking water.

Brothel workers

Sex workers in brothels do not get a salary. They get a 50 percent share of what the clients pay. Here are their work rules:

* Work hours start from 6pm to midnight or around the clock depending on clients' visits.
* No days off.
* Must stay in brothels or in the places set by the brothel owner.
* Must pay the police 50 baht a day.
* Must pay for food and accommodation 200 baht a day.
* Must pay for condoms.
* Must have health check-ups once a week.
* Those who are indebted to the brothel owner must be accompanied by brothel personnel when they go out.

Massage women

Sex workers at massage parlours do not get a salary. They get their share from what the clients pay for the service. Here are their work rules:

* Must follow the work hours set by the business operator.
* Must inform leave days in advance.
* Must meet the number of clients set by the operator.
* Must observe the dress code set by the operator.
Old 26-12-2005, 02:55 AM
Samster

Cool Soi Cowboy

Soi Cowboy is an adult nightlife area in Bangkok, Thailand. A short street with some 40 bars, it is similar to Nana Plaza and Patpong and caters mainly to tourists and expatriates.

It is located near Sukhumvit Road, between Sukhumvit Soi 21 (also called Soi Asoke) and Soi 23 (13°44′12.5″N, 100°33′45″E), within walking distance from the SkyTrain's "Asok Station" and the underground's "Sukhumvit Station".

The go go bars follow the pattern common in Thailand: alcoholic drinks are served and women in bikinis dance on a stage. Topless or even nude dancing occasionally occurs in some bars, but it is technically illegal. Many of the dancers are in fact prostitutes and will join a customer if he pays a "bar fine" to the bar and a separate fee to the woman. Sexual services usually take place in the tourist's hotel room. Bars and nightclubs in all of Bangkok now have to close by 1 am. There are also a number of restaurants at Soi Cowboy, including what is perhaps Bangkok's best known fish and chips shop.

The area is named after T. G. Edwards, a retired American airman who opened one of the first bars there in 1973. A tall African-American, Edwards got his nickname because he invariably wore a cowboy hat.

Soi Cowboy's reputation suffered a temporary blow when, as part of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra "social order" campaign, the area was closed off by police one Friday night in November 2003 and all workers and patrons were required to submit to urine testing for drugs.

During the 2004 International AIDS Conference in Bangkok, a bead sculpture made in Soi Cowboy was displayed as part of the cultural program.

Films and songs

In 2000, the Norwegian group Getaway People released a song called Soi Cowboy about this area.

Actor Hugh Grant and his entourage visited Soi Cowboy in December 2003, while shooting the movie Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. The Tilac Bar and several Soi Cowboy bar girls are seen in the film. A London tabloid, The Sun, wrote in an article on 23 December 2003 that Grant was chased by bar girls and had to flee, but that appears to be false.

Two 1-hour episodes of the British comedy/drama Auf Wiedersehen, Pet were shot in the Summer of 2004 in Bangkok, partly in Soi Cowboy.

The bars Moonshine Joint and Dollhouse appear in Jordan Clark's 2005 documentary Falang: Behind Bangkok's Smile which takes a rather critical view of sex tourism.
Old 26-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
yeodongjun deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Anything & Everything About Thailand

I am dam impressed .. really

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaivisitor
Military Thailand
Military branches: Royal Thai Army, Royal Thai Navy (includes Royal Thai Marine Corps), Royal Thai Air Force
Military service age and obligation: 21 years of age for compulsory military service; males are registered at 18 years of age; conscript service obliation - 2 years; 18 years of age for voluntary military service (2004)
Manpower available for military service: males age 21-49: 14.984 million (2005 est.)
Manpower fit for military service: males age 21-49: 10,342,337 (2005 est.)
Manpower reaching military service age annually: males: 530,493 (2005 est.)
Military expenditures - dollar figure: $1.775 billion (FY00)
Military expenditures - percent of GDP: 1.8% (2003)
Transnational Issues Thailand
Disputes - international: separatist violence in Thailand's predominantly Muslim southern provinces prompt border closures and controls with Malaysia to stem terrorist activities; southeast Asian states have enhanced border surveillance to check the spread of avian flu; Laos and Thailand pledge to complete demarcation of their boundary in 2005; despite continuing border committee talks, significant differences remain with Burma over boundary alignment and the handling of ethnic rebels, refugees, and illegal cross-border activities; Cambodia and Thailand dispute sections of boundary with missing boundary markers; Cambodia claims Thai encroachments into Cambodian territory and obstructing access to Preah Vihear temple ruins awarded to Cambodia by ICJ decision in 1962; ethnic Karens from Burma flee into Thailand to escape fighting between Karen rebels and Burmese troops resulting in Thailand sheltering about 118,000 Burmese refugees in 2004; Karens also protest Thai support for a Burmese hydroelectric dam construction on the Salween River near the border; environmentalists in Burma and Thailand remain concerned about China's construction of hydroelectric dams upstream on the Nujiang/Salween River in Yunnan Province
Refugees and internally displaced persons: refugees (country of origin): 118,407 (Burma) (2004)
Illicit drugs: a minor producer of opium, heroin, and marijuana; illicit transit point for heroin en route to the international drug market from Burma and Laos; eradication efforts have reduced the area of cannabis cultivation and shifted some production to neighboring countries; opium poppy cultivation has been reduced by eradication efforts; also a drug money-laundering center; minor role in amphetamine production for regional consumption; increasing indigenous abuse of methamphetamine

This information was last updated by CIA on 20 October, 2005

Cheers
Tee Vee
Old 26-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
yeodongjun deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Secrets of Thai bar girl pay revealed

Good report , brother !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatoeyLover69
Secrets of Thai bar girl pay revealed

How much do Thai bar girls get paid? Here are their terms and conditions - plus those of brothel workers and massage girls too. The benefits package isn't very tempting but, on the plus side, they meet lots of interesting new people and get laid all the time.

Bar girls

Bar girls' salaries range from 2,000 to 6,000 baht per month. Here are some of their work rules :-

* Only two days off permitted a month, or they must pay 300 baht a day for extra leave days.
* No leave permitted on Fridays, Saturdays and national holidays. Otherwise, fines range from 500 to 1,000 baht a day.
* Must go out with the clients four to 10 times a month or pay fine of 500 baht for each missed quota.
* Must sell 80-100 drinks to clients or pay 30 baht a drink for the missed quota.
* Must have health check-up every three months. If the blood test is positive for sexually transmitted diseases, they will not get the salary for that month.
* Must wear the outfits arranged by the bars or pay the fine of 100 to 200 baht.
* Must not use the clients' restrooms.
* Must not eat during work hours.
* Must buy own drinking water.

Brothel workers

Sex workers in brothels do not get a salary. They get a 50 percent share of what the clients pay. Here are their work rules:

* Work hours start from 6pm to midnight or around the clock depending on clients' visits.
* No days off.
* Must stay in brothels or in the places set by the brothel owner.
* Must pay the police 50 baht a day.
* Must pay for food and accommodation 200 baht a day.
* Must pay for condoms.
* Must have health check-ups once a week.
* Those who are indebted to the brothel owner must be accompanied by brothel personnel when they go out.

Massage women

Sex workers at massage parlours do not get a salary. They get their share from what the clients pay for the service. Here are their work rules:

* Must follow the work hours set by the business operator.
* Must inform leave days in advance.
* Must meet the number of clients set by the operator.
* Must observe the dress code set by the operator.
Old 26-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Samster

Cool Massive traffic jam at Causeway & Second Link

Report from The Straits Times (Singapore) dated Monday 26 December 2005 :-

Gridlock :Motorists and bus commuters are seething at massive jams on Causeway and Second Link during festive season and want something done

By Jeremy Au Yong

THE electronic signboard said it all: Massive jam at Tuas Checkpoint.

Cars leaving and entering Singapore either via the Second Link or the Causeway yesterday morning were caught in a gridlock of traffic.

Bus lanes and those for cars were clogged, and traffic moved so slowly that bored bus drivers on the Second Link got out of their buses to chat with one another.

It left commuters and motorists heading to Malaysia yesterday for the Christmas holiday seething.

The gridlock at both land checkpoints yesterday was not unexpected. Last Sunday, major traffic jams had given a prelude to traffic during the Christmas and New Year long weekends.

Motorists and bus passengers The Sunday Times interviewed yesterday and last week want something done to ease the traffic flow.

At the heart of their complaints is the small number of immigration counters open to clear motorists and bus passengers. And with traffic hitting nearly 75,000 cars one way at the Tuas Checkpoint last weekend - double the daily number - some took up to three hours to make it to the front of the queue getting into Singapore.

Engineer Peter Siew, 40, who was heading to Kuala Lumpur by bus yesterday for a family reunion, was stuck for more than an hour at the Second Link. He also goes to Johor at least once every two months to shop.

He said: 'When I asked the counter staff why they don't open more counters, they say their hands are tied.'

At least 10 readers have written to The Straits Times Forum page, calling last weekend's jam 'ridiculous', 'frustrating' and 'one of the worst' they had ever seen.

Businessman M. Rajavarman, 43, was rushing back from a wedding in Johor with his sick infant when he encountered the jam. Though he lives near the Woodlands Checkpoint, he decided to use the Tuas crossing that day as he thought it would be faster.

'Instead, I paid a higher toll, had to wait two hours and fight through the jam to take my son to see a doctor. I won't go through it again. Why are they advertising asking people to use the Second Link if it's like this?' he said.

Housewife Audirene Ang, 35, was caught in the same queue on the way back with her friends from a shopping trip to Kuala Lumpur.

She said: 'It's really ridiculous. They need to do something about it. We had to wait two hours to get through Singapore.'

In response to queries from The Sunday Times, an Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) spokesman said it 'puts in every effort to clear travellers as quickly as possible, while working within our manpower and infrastructure constraints'.

It added that traffic congestion was inevitable when large numbers of people use the land checkpoints at the same time.

'Nonetheless, ICA has deployed all available resources to clear the travellers as quickly as possible,' the spokesman said.

Still, motorists and commuters say they usually take no more than 10 minutes to breeze through the Malaysian side.

Mr Jasmy Juwahir, assistant head at the Sultan Abu Bakar immigration complex on the Malaysian side of the Second Link, said: 'On weekends when we are expecting big crowds, we will have more staff. For this Christmas weekend, it is all hands on deck. We are prepared to open all 24 booths for cars and all 24 booths for bus passengers.'

But those who survived the long crawl up north yesterday are already dreading their return trip.

Mr Nizam Mohd Sam, 34, a bus driver who has been driving the KL-Singapore route every day for three years, said: 'If you thought today was bad, wait till you see the jam coming back in on Monday.'

For real-time traffic conditions, call the Check-Tips hotline on +65-6863-0117.
Old 26-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Samster

Massive traffic jam at Causeway & Second Link

[QUOTE=KatoeyLover69]Report from The Straits Times (Singapore) dated Monday 26 December 2005 :-

Gridlock :Motorists and bus commuters are seething at massive jams on Causeway and Second Link during festive season and want something done

Sorry, posted in the WRONG thread !
Old 26-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Samster

Cool Review of the Soi Cowboy girls

Soi Cowboy, along with Patpong and the Nana Entertainment Plaza, is a complex of Go Go bars (i.e., air conditioned bars where hookers dance on stage) that cater to male tourists looking to party and bang some of the Orient's hottest women. Soi Cowboy is basically a short street with about 25 bars lined up back-to-back, each bar walking distance from each other. In the bars you will find some of Bangkok's hottest babes who will drop their panties - yes, they all fuck! It is one of the best night spots in Bangkok to go. If you missed Soi Cowboy on your trip, well, you really missed it!

All the girls who work in Soi Cowboy, with few exceptions, are hookers. They are there for one reason and one reason only: to get your money (in exchange of some good sex, of course). The age of the girls average's at the low to mid twenties. No, you won't find any children working the sex industry here.

Few of the girls speak much in the way of English. Some don't speak any at all. Once you get past the, "What's your name?", "Where you from?", "Where you stay?" stage, the conversation will die quick. That is, unless you speak Thai.

Most of the bar girls have migrated to Bangkok to work the sex industry. If you ask them where they were born, they will usually say in the Northeast (Isan). Few are originally from Bangkok, particularly the Soi Cowboy area.

Sex is a given. Virtually every girl will let you screw her, provided you pay of course. Don't be shy to approach any babe. She is there to service you.

The bar girls range in looks from nasty ugly to "Will you marry me now!" Most are fairly short (under 5'6") and weigh under 100 pounds. With the few exceptions of those who have dyed their hair reddish/brown, they have black, silky hair. Most have rather dark complexions and dark brown/black eyes. Many are in need of some dental work. All, with few exceptions, are Buddhist.

Many of the girls do not give head. If you want a blow job, be sure to ask the girl if she " smokes ". Smoke is slang for blow job.

Many of the girls got pregnant from a Thai boy at an early age (ahh, so the local studs get them first, then we get the left overs. So that's how it works!). When the Thai boy dumps the girl and baby, she turns to the sex industry to find money to support the kid. If you wish to take a girl who has no baby (those who do often have thrashed breasts and stomachs), be sure to ask her, "You have baby?" If she says she does, best you pass and move on to another girl.

All-in-all, you will be blown away at how friendly, sensual and open the Thai bar girls are. They are there to meet you, yes, regardless of your age, your weight and if you have hair on your head or not. When you show up, they will treat you like a god. This is why millions and millons of tourists, mostly male, come to Thailand and visit Soi Cowboy every year. It is heaven on earth and the bar girls make it so.
Old 26-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Samster

Cool Soi Cowboy Vs Nana Plaza : Which is better ?

Soi Cowboy vs. Nana Plaza

Swinging Cat 07-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Hi Guys,
It has been a little more than two years since I last visited Bangkok. I'll be going again early next year. When I last went, Nana Plaza was "better" as far as quality of women than Soi Cowboy, though more expensive. But reading the posts throughout the site, it seems Soi Cowboy has had an upsurgence in the past year or so, both in quality of girls and prices. My question, then: For those of you who have been to Bangkok recently, how do the two areas currently compare in quality of women and general pricing? All reviews, comparisons, analyses, and thoughts on the subject will be appreciated. Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

joecoolfrog 07-22-2005, 01:38 AM
Cat,
Things have probably evened up a bit in last 2 years.Nana would still edge on quality,Cowboy on price but you always gonna pay a premium for the stunners.Its more a question of feeling comfortable if you like busy,frenetic and in your face go for NEP,If you prefer more laid back you will enjoy Cowboy.Dont make a decision based on what you read here because our particular bias might not be yours,only a short distance apart so go to both and have the best of both worlds.

jaybird 07-22-2005, 08:42 AM
When I was in Bangkok last month, Soi Cowboy was showing more nudity, Nana Plaza virtually none. Also, I think some Soi Cowboy bars were staying open a little later. Of course, this was all in early June, your mileage may vary.

Also, according to Stickman, prices have risen in Soi Cowboy:

"Prices have risen at Suzie Wong's and Sheba's to 125 baht for Heineken and spirits + mixed drinks. Perhaps the most notable difference between Nana and Cowboy now is that at Cowboy customers get to see some dancers in their birthday suits. 125 baht drinks at Soi Cowboy, who would've thought it?"

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Weekly/weekly219.htm

Runnmann 07-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Speaking of nudity, the girls in the Pretty Girl Club at NEP don't wear any underwear under their skirts, they dance on a mirror (stage) so that when you look down at the mirror you can see it all. Although some of them lift up those little skirts to show their stuff without one having to look at the mirror.

Pretty good entertainment value, but be careful of the lights, some of these chicks appear to be verty attractive in the club but when you get them back to your hotel for their close up, they're a plain Jane.

ejtlebbis 07-24-2005, 12:22 AM
One would think that with the decrease in visitor numbers perhaps the prices would have come down?

Anyone have an update?

Billy Baht 07-25-2005, 07:20 AM
One would think that with the decrease in visitor numbers perhaps the prices would have come down?

Anyone have an update?

Naaaaa. We do things different in Thailand: Fewer customers? Simple, just raise prices

There are some "happy hour" bargains out there but, over all, prices are creeping up in the Bangkok bars.

Billy Baht

harold444 07-25-2005, 10:15 AM
if you cannot afford $2.00 - $3.00 for a dink maybe you holliday someplace else......hehehe.

very truly yours, sexy thai gairl.

joecoolfrog 07-25-2005, 01:49 PM
if you cannot afford $2.00 - $3.00 for a dink maybe you holliday someplace else......hehehe.

very truly yours, sexy thai gairl.

Harold,
I see you have spent time in Bangkok improving your command of English.Perhaps when you have mastered an ability to arrange letters into some sort of legible sequence I will be able to understand what the fuck you mean to say.

joecoolfrog 07-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Not Cool Frog Princess......
http://www.phuket-simoncabaret.com/images/photo.gif

this ones for you!

Dear Jimmy,
Yes I hear it's a good show,very popular with the tourists and sensitive souls like yourself.Not really my cup of tea but interesting how you equate my teasing with a fondness for Katoey,perhaps Harold has an answer that you might translate for me.

punehunter 09-05-2005, 01:54 AM
Cowboy beats Nana overall... better vibes, more laid back, pretty girls. Shark Bar was a good time. Nana had some hot girls, but too crowded.

harold444 09-05-2005, 02:37 AM
i went to soi cowboy last... more laid back, very few pretty girls, many homely girls, cheaper ,yes.

soi cowboy is like reno nevada compared to las vegas nevada.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1