The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 10-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1047 / Power: 21
etct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud ofetct88 has much to be proud of
Re: Living in Bangkok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianmagicoil View Post
Tonight?
wow, you song song till forget your days????? knn. Thursday.... the Thai one different????????

How many days you there oredi.....????

Seven days only, I home sick....
Old 10-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 991 / Power: 22
norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Living in Bangkok!

Indianmagicoil,

Greetings! You're one intelligent guy. First of all, if you want to retire in Bangkok, you must plan and research. I decided to take an eartly retirement 5 years ago. I did all my research and prepared myself mentally, physically and financially! The bottom line is you must have enough funds or you'll be miserable and lonely!

I have 3 major concerns:

1. Air pollution (I don't want to die early with lung disease or cancer)
2. Food, most of the food in Bangkok is fried (cardiovascular disease/problem)
3. Traffic and Thai drivers (In Bangkok, cars and motorcycles have the right of way)

Currently, it's very difficult to open a bank account without work permit!

15 more days!

BOYCOTT Arab owned bars in Soi Cowboy!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Samster

norice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to beholdnorice is a splendid one to behold

Hello,

Like I said earlier, "if you want to retire and enjoy your stay in Bangkok, you must have enough money to cover your expenditure!" My monthly budget is approximately 2,000 - 2,500 US Dollars! I hope that's enough to cover rent, utilities, cable/internet, travel, food, medical/dental, spa/massage and night life!

I already made an Excel budget spreadsheet so I can monitor my daily, weekly and monthly expenses. After first quarter, I'll brief everyone, what's my actual expenses. My goal is to boom boom only 2 - 3 times a week!

Old 10-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Samster

Hello,

I bank with Siam Commerical Bank. I opened a savings account back in 2007, I used my friend's address. But now, you must have a work permit or owned a property to open a account.

Also, I'm leasing a brand new one-bedroom condo for 19,000B a month.

Good luck!

Old 10-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
Tookie deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

[QUOTE=indianmagicoil;4560051]First I ask if u working there or staying long term visa? Not so easy but not so hard also. U ask like this I guessing u dun have work permit right? Open for tirak ah? Bro Naemlo has answered your Qs on what documents to bring leow.

Tks Bro,

Nah not for her, having an account makes it easier to access the money when needed and also it beats the conversion rate for credit card usage.

Main reason is i am thinking of buying an apt there, any kind soul has any ideas on how to go about doing it, wanna do it privately without her knowledge. Tks
Old 10-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Samster

Tookie,

Also, you have to remember that if you want to use ATM machines in Bangkok, there wil be 150B service charge. Unless, you use AEON ATM machine located on the third floor of Justco Building in Ratchada! If you want to buy a brand new condo, let me know and i'll introduce to my realestate agent, she seemed sincere and honest.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by norice View Post
Tookie,

Also, you have to remember that if you want to use ATM machines in Bangkok, there wil be 150B service charge. Unless, you use AEON ATM machine located on the third floor of Justco Building in Ratchada! If you want to buy a brand new condo, let me know and i'll introduce to my realestate agent, she seemed sincere and honest.

Thanks Bro

Yup was thinking about this project call "Wind"
webby addy Wind Bangkok

THanks again
Old 10-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 590 / Power: 16
indianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by etct88 View Post
wow, you song song till forget your days? knn. Thursday.... the Thai one different? How many days you there oredi...
555+ 大哥 u misunderstand leow lah. I know u mean tomorrow but laz nite I met up with Bro Mike2 so tot u in town. I song-song there not until forget the daz lah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookie View Post
having an account makes it easier to access the money when needed and also it beats the conversion rate for credit card usage. Main reason is i am thinking of buying an apt there, any kind soul has any ideas on how to go about doing it, wanna do it privately without her knowledge. Tks
Why so troublesome open an a/c juz to withdraw money? Juz plan & budget what u need and bring along the correct amount. I always change some in Singapore and the rest in Bangkok coz the rates there tend to be better. No need change all in one shot. Change what yah need, balance SGD can still bring back.

If u want to buy an apartment there... 1) Thai banks won't lend u the money unless you have a work permit so... 2) u still have to get loan from Singapore bank. Interest rate charged will be quite high. Unless u cash king and pay all in one shot and I'm not sure how u gonna hide the purchase it from her (wife I presume)?

BTW Bro Norice, u sure the AEON bank ATM u mentioned doesn't charge Bht150? Last year all banks in Thailand started charging this fee already. I was going from bank to bank's ATM trying to find one tat doesn't charge but no such luck.
Quote:
I bank with Siam Commerical Bank. I opened a savings account back in 2007, I used my friend's address. But now, you must have a work permit or owned a property to open a account.
Thats the purple colour bank right? U r right about the work permit (always was the rule & easiest 2 open an a/c) but the property thing I'm not sure. I'll try when I'm back using my apartment lease agreement when I first stayed there. Hopefully the bank mgr can agree to it.

Quote:
I already made an Excel budget spreadsheet so I can monitor my daily, weekly and monthly expenses. After first quarter, I'll brief everyone, what's my actual expenses. My goal is to boom boom only 2 - 3 times a week!
Wow... u really are meticulous. I also will have a budget but after a few weeks I will be not so disciplined to update it.

Quote:
I decided to take an eartly retirement 5 years ago. I did all my research and prepared myself mentally, physically and financially! The bottom line is you must have enough funds or you'll be miserable and lonely!

I have 3 major concerns:

1. Air pollution (I don't want to die early with lung disease or cancer)
2. Food, most of the food in Bangkok is fried (cardiovascular disease/problem)
3. Traffic and Thai drivers (In Bangkok, cars and motorcycles have the right of way)
Problem is many come a few days for a holiday, had such a good time so think this country is not a bad place to work & retire. 555+ I call it "holiday syndrome". Thats why when they go back they keep thinking of the place

Personally I hope to have a business running + have a passive income stream should I eventually semi-retire there. 555+ are u a fried food addict? There are plenty of healthier options than deep fried what-ever on a stick! I drove in BKK for the first time and it was stressful. Firstly the streets are dimly lit at night and u really gotta watch out for those motor-sai's. Road directional signs are few or only appear at the last minute (hey that highway exit sign shld be placed at least 100 meters BEFORE the exit and not AT the exit!).

How to Get Rid of Irritating Spam Posts?
Go to USER CP --> Choose SETTINGS & OPTIONS --> Edit Ignore List key in nicks of irritating spammers followed by "Okay"
Old 10-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Samster

Why so troublesome open an a/c juz to withdraw money? Juz plan & budget what u need and bring along the correct amount. I always change some in Singapore and the rest in Bangkok coz the rates there tend to be better. No need change all in one shot. Change what yah need, balance SGD can still bring back.

If u want to buy an apartment there... 1) Thai banks won't lend u the money unless you have a work permit so... 2) u still have to get loan from Singapore bank. Interest rate charged will be quite high. Unless u cash king and pay all in one shot and I'm not sure how u gonna hide the purchase it from her (wife I presume)?

Thanks Bro for the infor.

Main reason to open an account is to have my monies transfer there for retirement and housing purchase purpose cuz i understand that you need some kind of documents from the bank that shows that you actually transfer legitimate monies over.

Any other way to get around getting the loan? I understand that Bangkok Bank do hands out loans to foreigners but like you say must have work permit though. Thanks
Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Samster

Indianmagicoil,

Yes, SCB has the purple signs! No, you can't open a savings account with only apartment lease agreement, my friend tried and he was rejected. You need to own a property or has work permit.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 428 / Power: 19
ahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahtecklim is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Tookie - the faster you learn and accept that thais do things their way the better. Doesn't not have to make sense to you or anyone else but it has to be their own way!

Go with the flow and their maipenrai attitude and you find yourself one step closer to having a good time in thailand - short or long term.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Samster

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 71 / Power: 15
Ghost Kelevra deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Ah bro correct you there changing money in singapore is way better in singapore you at least get 23.5 per dollar as to 22.8 per dollar in thailand. And can anybody tell me where to learn thai. I got thai gf but trying to learn thai on my own hard
Old 11-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 590 / Power: 16
indianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to allindianmagicoil is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Kelevra View Post
Ah bro correct you there changing money in singapore is way better in singapore you at least get 23.5 per dollar as to 22.8 per dollar in thailand. And can anybody tell me where to learn thai. I got thai gf but trying to learn thai on my own hard
Wah! Singapore now still got 23.5??? Where ah? Tell me quick! So many bros will also wanna know. If "jun" all will up your points.

U got thai GF and u still need to learn from elsewhere? something is not right here.

How to Get Rid of Irritating Spam Posts?
Go to USER CP --> Choose SETTINGS & OPTIONS --> Edit Ignore List key in nicks of irritating spammers followed by "Okay"
Old 11-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Samster

Hello,

Also, I need to learn Thai! I have lots of time so which school is the best place to learn Thai?

Thanks,

14 days

Old 12-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Samster

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 71 / Power: 15
Ghost Kelevra deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Wah! Singapore now still got 23.5??? Where ah? Tell me quick! So many bros will also wanna know. If "jun" all will up your points.

U got thai GF and u still need to learn from elsewhere? something is not right here.
last i checked was at golenmile. try the 2nd last changer or the last one both give slightly higher rates. But i think drop again. My thai GF not in singapore plus she busy running own restaurant so no time teach me. I learn from book but very basic tourist thai. which i dont really need
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1